"A Beautiful Mind": Great movie with a twist!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just saw this movie today and thought it was great! So as not to give anything away, I'll just say that the trailer leaves a lot of key points of the story out, but it was a welcome omission.

If you don't know anything about John Nash, don't research him before you see this movie either. It'll make it that much more interesting.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by CosmoNut:

<strong>I just saw this movie today and thought it was great! So as not to give anything away, I'll just say that the trailer leaves a lot of key points of the story out, but it was a welcome omission.

If you don't know anything about John Nash, don't research him before you see this movie either. It'll make it that much more interesting.</strong><hr></blockquote>I saw the preview on tv.. it looks good, I want to see it.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    I was so excited about seeing this movie, and then I foolishly read a few reviews. Leonard Maltin is a bitter old man and I'm sick of having him pre-sour me on movies! That's it. I've had it. Never again will I read a review prior to my seeing a movie.

I hate having preconceptions made and twisted by reviewers that took one teensy weensy flaw in a movie and blow it up into a 3-page bashing.

So, I've decided I will see this movie despite the negative reviews. It does look interesting, despite being directed by Ron Howard.

-Y
  • Reply 3 of 6
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Maltin's the only one I know of who has panned the movie. The reviews I've read have been glowing. I spent the whole time though trying to recognize the settings.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Over-all, I'd say it was an enjoyable movie...and Jennifer Connelly is about 100x hotter today vs when she appeared in The Rocketeer.

However, this twist is revealed about 1/3 through the movie, and the last hour and a half really drags. The movie should have been 30-40 minutes shorter. Not any scene in particular needed to be cut, but many needed to be shortened.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Over-all, I'd say it was an enjoyable movie...and Jennifer Connelly is about 100x hotter today vs when she appeared in The Rocketeer.

However, this twist is revealed about 1/3 through the movie, and the last hour and a half really drags. The movie should have been 30-40 minutes shorter. Not any scene in particular needed to be cut, but many needed to be shortened.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    That was really an amazing book, but I haven't seen the movie yet. But I'm told that the movie omitted one fairly significant part of Nash's life. Trying not to be "controversial" I guess.