Snow Leopard:Date in Menu Bar

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Tried to get the date in the menu bar in Snow Leopard as discussed on the web - copying from Date Customization to Time Customization and it didn't take. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Doesn't it just give you that option in the time/date prefs pane??

I know my iMac shows the date there and I didn't have to fiddle around with anything odd to do it.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ptexel View Post

Tried to get the date in the menu bar in Snow Leopard as discussed on the web - copying from Date Customization to Time Customization and it didn't take. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.

I, too, have spent too much time trying to get the date in the Menu Bar with Snow Leopard. I followed all the tips from several sites but no luck. I really would like to see the date instead of just the day of the week and the time up there!

Maybe it's not an option with Snow Leopard. Could that be the reason?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Snow Leopard definitely has a "Show Date" tick box in the date and time preferences. Prior to SL you had to do that copy from pref to pref hack, but no more.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Doesn't it just give you that option in the time/date prefs pane??

I know my iMac shows the date there and I didn't have to fiddle around with anything odd to do it.

I finally found out what to do!

I went to Preferences and clicked on Date & Time.

Then went to CLOCK. That's where you can choose to have the day, date and time.

It took a long time to solve that one!