Apple COO Tim Cook awarded $22 million bonus

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    iluviluv Posts: 123member
    Tim is agood man. I'm glad that in some smll way, my purcases from apple are going to help him. I'm glad that the money is in his pocket not mine .
  • Reply 62 of 65
    justbobfjustbobf Posts: 261member
    You know, I feel that companies that make enough money to pay people these huge salaries and bonuses are ripping their customers off my over charging. Sorry. That's how I feel.

After a fair amount of compensation, an employee should stick with his job because he loves it, not because he feels he is getting rich.
  • Reply 63 of 65
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by The-Steve View Post

Getting back on topic...I think a $22 million bonus is obscene. There is NOTHING Tim Cook does that makes him worth that much money. His contributions to Apple cannot possibly be 100 times more valuable than someone in middle management making a couple hundred grand per year.

The fact that Cook's bonus fully vests in two years may (or may not) be significant... I'd guess they really are prepping Cook to step in full time as CEO and Steve steps aside to maintain Vladimir Putin-like control over the continuing creative direction of Apple and product development.
  • Reply 64 of 65
    How greedy can Apple's hypocritical CEOs and Directors be? They already make millions and millions each year. They make more in 1 year than the average worker makes in a lifetime.

They cite their suppliers for workplace violations while they break laws too. In Cupertino, they keep temp workers for 3, 4 or even 5 years and not convert them. That's unethical and illegal.

Don't tell me Apple is trying to save money or they can't afford it. In Q4 2004, net income was $106 mil. Today, Q4 2009 it's $1.665 billion. A 1570% increase.

Employees working untold hours on the development of a new product and watching it become successful are lucky to get a 4% raise with no bonus. Temps get nothing. I forgot, temps can buy Apple products at a 10% discount.
  • Reply 65 of 65
    drjedidrjedi Posts: 61member
    $22 milion in one year? What the hell can you do with that money! I don't think I could spend that much unless I got into politics, in America.

Enjoy your descent into 3rd world inequality and keep cheering the uber rich, cause, you know, you'll be rich someday, too.