Need advice on purchasing a new Macbook Pro - last one got stolen

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
So about 2 months ago I bought a macbook pro for college work. I left it in my room with the door locked and I guess someone broke in and stole it, really not sure what happened. It was literally 2 weeks old. I was devastated and didn't know what to do. I loved that laptop soooo much, it was by far the best computer I have ever owned. $1200 was so much for me. I have waited for the new macbook pro ever since but it just isn't coming and I'm losing patience. Since then my school has knocked down the price of the current mbp to $999 with a free printer. I am super tempted to jump on it but I just don't know. What do you think? I am lap topless(hehe) right now and have been for 2 months and its kind of debilitating. What do you recommend I do? My budget is pretty tight and I really don't want to spend more than $1100 on a new mbp if it were to come out anytime soon. I really need a laptop soon and I'm getting pissed at apple for delaying it.

Do you think the new mbp will have a much different appearance? Like will it be a different color or a lot thinner?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    oxiooxio Posts: 2member
    i guess im afraid that if a new mbp comes out it will be a lot cooler looking, maybe even black and just make the last one look really outdated
  • Reply 2 of 10
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oxio View Post

i guess im afraid that if a new mbp comes out it will be a lot cooler looking, maybe even black and just make the last one look really outdated

You are telling us straight out that you don't have any needs other that to be cool looking to which one has to reply GET OVER YOURSELF! The reality is that a laptop will never make you look cool. Never!

Since you expressed no technical concern whatsoever I'd suggest buying the cheapest Mac Book you can find and get back to work at school. It is absolutely silly to go for weeks or months without all the tools you need at college. Would you go two months with out a pen and highlighter, a back pack or other stuff needed on a daily basis.

Generally the norm is to recommend a purchase when the laptop is needed. You are simply well past that point. Frankly I don't think you have a clue with respect to what advantages if any the new hardware might provide, so why wait. Because of looks or to be cool? that is BS.

By the way don't be such a wimp go find your old laptop and take it back.

Dave
  • Reply 3 of 10
    If your parents have homeowners insurance your stolen laptop should be covered bro.

Wait a couple weeks the new ones will be out soon.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    Tuesday March 16th, or Wednesday. Please wait.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    On one hand the current ones are very capable. On the other, the Arrandale i3/5/7 ones are going to much more capable then those.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Remember, Form Follows Function!

Jesus if a macbooks made you look cooler and got you some action, then all the anti mac nerd wouldn't be at home overclocking & adding glow sticks to their pcs.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by oxio View Post

• Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hastyle View Post

Jesus if a macbooks made you look cooler and got you some action, then all the anti mac nerd wouldn't be at home overclocking & adding glow sticks to their pcs.

I logged in to say LMAO.

That is all
  • Reply 8 of 10
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hastyle View Post

Not with ive around.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    @oxio its really sad news that you have lost your Macbook Pro.Well i would suggest just gone through these links for purchasing the new Macbook Pro.

Buyer's Guide:

"http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/";
  • Reply 10 of 10
    you'd better install at least some software tool for protection against laptop theft. for example protemac logintrap is an app for os x that makes a snapshot each time smone tries to log in your mac and sends this image to you.