Nexus One Now Available for AT&T 3G

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
http://www.google.com/phone

http://googlenexusoneboard.blogspot....ith-at-3g.html

Oh damn, they brought the heat to Apple's home court. This will be interesting...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Not really Its $600 and there are far better phones coming to AT&T in the near future.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

Not really Its $600 and there are far better phones coming to AT&T in the near future.

What better phones are coming to AT&T in the "near" future?

Any links? Would love to check them out.

Thanks
  • Reply 3 of 16
    stevegmustevegmu Posts: 539member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets View Post

What better phones are coming to AT&T in the near future?

Any links?

Thanks

iPhone 4g.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

iPhone 4g.

Ok, that's ONE phone (which is debateable), what others are there?

(Notice he said phoneS -- plural.)

What are the others?
  • Reply 5 of 16
    stevegmustevegmu Posts: 539member
    Quote:

Ok, that's ONE phone (which is debateable), what others are there?

(Notice he said phoneS -- plural.)

What are the others?

iPhone Mini.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

iPhone Mini.

Lol...

Anyway, what better non-Apple phones are coming to AT&T in the near future? (Any real ones that have actually been announced / demo'ed? )
  • Reply 7 of 16
    Quote:

Lol...

Anyway, what better non-Apple phones are coming to AT&T in the near future? (Any real ones that have actually been announced / demo'ed? )

Until AT&T starts subsidizing them for plans, I don't think Nexus Ones will fly off the shelves at that price.

But yeah, outside of Blackberries and the iPhone, AT&T is really falling behind in the number of desirable devices.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymous guy View Post

Until AT&T starts subsidizing them for plans, I don't think Nexus Ones will fly off the shelves at that price.

But yeah, outside of Blackberries and the iPhone, AT&T is really falling behind in the number of desirable devices.

Yeah, I know. I just wanted to prove that BenRoethig is just another gung-ho blind Apple fanboy, hating on Google and saying "there are much better devices coming in the near future" without actually being able to provide any. (Not even a SINGLE announced phone.) Love it.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    asianbobasianbob Posts: 797member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymous guy View Post

Remember, good old Luke Wilson and his big orange chart says that AT&T has the most popular smartphones!

/sarcasm
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AsianBob View Post

Remember, good old Luke Wilson and his big orange chart says that AT&T has the most popular smartphones!

/sarcasm

Can't people sue for that? That's false advertising. It shouldn't be plural...
  • Reply 11 of 16
    Quote:

Can't people sue for that? That's false advertising. It shouldn't be plural...

Yes, but it wouldn't be worth it. AT&T has enough lawyers to tie you up in litigation until your money runs out.

And as a side-note, the whole "talk and surf at the same time" thing isn't totally true either. In reference to CDMA, yes. But as the words stand, no, since I do have WiFi.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    Quote:

Yes, but it wouldn't be worth it. AT&T has enough lawyers to tie you up in litigation until your money runs out.

And as a side-note, the whole "talk and surf at the same time" thing isn't totally true either. In reference to CDMA, yes. But as the words stand, no, since I do have WiFi.

Well I didn't mean *I* would sue lol. I meant the other U.S. carriers.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    Quote:

Well I didn't mean *I* would sue lol. I meant the other U.S. carriers.

Ahh. Either way, AT&T worded their claims in such a way that it would be hard to sue over.

It is technically true they have popular smartphones, as people do buy a lot of BlackBerries from them. And it's technically true that CDMA doesn't allow you to talk and surf at the same time.

It's arguing over semantics and that's just not worth it. Especially when lawyers are involved.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Quote:

Yeah, I know. I just wanted to prove that BenRoethig is just another gung-ho blind Apple fanboy, hating on Google and saying "there are much better devices coming in the near future" without actually being able to provide any. (Not even a SINGLE announced phone.) Love it.

Yeah, I'm so blind. I never have any disagreements with the Jobs and Ive dictatorship.

You want a list of Android phones that will be available on AT&T that are better than the nexus one? How about the sony x10 and Dell Mini 3?
  • Reply 15 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

Yeah, I'm so blind. I never have any disagreements with the Jobs and Ive dictatorship.

You want a list of Android phones that will be available on AT&T that are better than the nexus one? How about the sony x10 and Dell Mini 3?

Considering that the Sony X10 only runs at 600 MHz and Android 1.6 (at release), how is it better than the N1?

And AT&T is asking for a "customized" version of the Dell Mini 3. Sounds to me like they're crippling it like the did with the Moto Backflip... Again, how is this better than the N1?
  • Reply 16 of 16
    Quote:

Considering that the Sony X10 only runs at 600 MHz and Android 1.6 (at release), how is it better than the N1?

And AT&T is asking for a "customized" version of the Dell Mini 3. Sounds to me like they're crippling it like the did with the Moto Backflip... Again, how is this better than the N1?

I couldn't have said it better.