Student Discounts...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I feel that the most usefulness of the iPad will be for College folk. While internet research and paper editing on pages as well as text books on the iBook reader would be an great tool for students and teachers at the podiums.

What do you all think?

Currently Apple is giving no indication that they will offer any Student or School Discounts for the iPad.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Why should they?... It looks (so far) as if they'll be able to sell plenty of them withOUT any discount.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Why should they?... It looks (so far) as if they'll be able to sell plenty of them withOUT any discount.

I don't see why NOT? They may even get potential sales from colleges in bulk.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    hudson1hudson1 Posts: 800member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Furniture_lover View Post

agree..college students like me need such devices so much..

Yeah, they should charge $9.99 for them. Think of how many they could sell!
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

Yeah, they should charge $9.99 for them. Think of how many they could sell!

I was hoping for a serious talk here but if you going to dumb then here we go, at lest then it would be one penny less then what your worth. 10 Dolla? 10 Dolla for stupid whore? Get sucky sucky? 10 Dolla?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    hudson1hudson1 Posts: 800member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RussellSakay View Post

I was hoping for a serious talk here but if you going to dumb then here we go, at lest then it would be one penny less then what your worth. 10 Dolla? 10 Dolla for stupid whore? Get sucky sucky? 10 Dolla?

Serious talk? Someone provided a reasonable response to your original post and your reply to that made little sense. Apple doesn't routinely give discounts on non-Mac hardware and it's easy to see why they don't. If they clear $100 on an iPad, what would be the point of offering a $100 education discount on the thing? They could sell 10 or 10 million and they still won't make any money.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

Serious talk? Someone provided a reasonable response to your original post and your reply to that made little sense. Apple doesn't routinely give discounts on non-Mac hardware and it's easy to see why they don't. If they clear $100 on an iPad, what would be the point of offering a $100 education discount on the thing? They could sell 10 or 10 million and they still won't make any money.

They don't need to offer a 100.00 discount like they do with the MacBooks. And secondly being in a class room with 20 or 30 other people seem more logical to use an iPad for note taking rather opening up that expensive Laptop. My teacher used hate having me or any others come it and type on their key boards while a speech was going on, its annoying and distracting. The student would not be hiding behind a laptop screen and perhaps pay more attention to his teacher.

So yea I never said how much they could take off but by taking even 25.00 that means the buyer may buy a case or an added feature and at the very least have more money for that great iTune/iBook/App Store.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Wow.

I had to take notes on paper... with a pencil (or pen.)

On those rare occasions I took notes at all. (University was a freakin' joke... they sell degrees, you don't have to earn them.)

HOWEVER... Apple IS offering a bulk discount to institutions... but 10 iPads at a time and they're $30 cheaper each.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Wow.

I had to take notes on paper... with a pencil (or pen.)

On those rare occasions I took notes at all. (University was a freakin' joke... they sell degrees, you don't have to earn them.)

HOWEVER... Apple IS offering a bulk discount to institutions... but 10 iPads at a time and they're $30 cheaper each.

#1 Did you graduate? If not, I see why you are angry.

#2 Perhaps you should have written more notes and not wonder about the Degree Sales.