Can I collaborate on a calendar with Mobile Me, on my iPhone, and wife's iPod Touch?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'd sure like to be able to do a calendar, that I can view/edit on my iPhone, and my wife can view/edit on her iPod Touch. I'd also like to have web access to that calendar.

Can we both work on the calendar using Mobile Me, or do I need something else to do that?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Mobileme will definitely work for that. You both would use the same account, and changes would be pushed to and from the phone and the ipod and the web calendar. I believe there's also a way to do it with with Google's calendar for free, but I've not done it.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    imickimick Posts: 351member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Mobileme will definitely work for that. You both would use the same account, and changes would be pushed to and from the phone and the ipod and the web calendar. I believe there's also a way to do it with with Google's calendar for free, but I've not done it.

I would have liked to keep my wife's calendar separate from mine, but I could do that with colors, right?

Do you know if she could update her calendar on her iPod Touch, even if there isn't a wifi signal available for her? Could she update it, then have it sync when a signal is available?

I'm also looking at Google Calendar, but there is a limitation for that - at least I think that there is. I can do my stuff on my iPhone and on a Mac or PC, but if she's not online with her Touch, she can't do anything. Maybe there's an offline solution that I didn't notice for that though.

Ideally, I'd like to spend no more than $0, but I'm also willing to pay for it if it works.

Next, I'm going to check out BusyCal from BusyMac(.com).
  • Reply 3 of 4
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMick View Post

I would have liked to keep my wife's calendar separate from mine, but I could do that with colors, right?

Do you know if she could update her calendar on her iPod Touch, even if there isn't a wifi signal available for her? Could she update it, then have it sync when a signal is available?

I'm also looking at Google Calendar, but there is a limitation for that - at least I think that there is. I can do my stuff on my iPhone and on a Mac or PC, but if she's not online with her Touch, she can't do anything. Maybe there's an offline solution that I didn't notice for that though.

Ideally, I'd like to spend no more than $0, but I'm also willing to pay for it if it works.

Next, I'm going to check out BusyCal from BusyMac(.com).

You can definitely update offline with mobileme, and I believe you also can with google calendar. You set it up as an MS Exchange calendar, and it syncs when it can, just like it would with mail.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    imickimick Posts: 351member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

You can definitely update offline with mobileme, and I believe you also can with google calendar. You set it up as an MS Exchange calendar, and it syncs when it can, just like it would with mail.

I had troubles getting the Google calendar to update the way that I would like it to. Specifically, when doing the month view, it should show a dot on the day that has info, but it seems to be hit or miss.

I am currently running a trial of MobileMe and am really loving it. I'm only using the Calendar, for now, but it's great.

My wife and I both use the same account, but separate our events by using different colors.

It's working great on my iPhone, my wife's iPod Touch, me.com, and iCal on my iMacs.

Thanks for the info!