Flash for a crossword puzzle

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
When I try to open a UClick crossword puzzle I get the error message below.

Where is Safari/Applications? I have looked through the menu. No joy.

Clicking on Safari/Help/installed plug-ins, I get a long list of plug-ins, including the following:

application/x-shockwave-flash\tShockwave Flash

Is that what the following error message means? Okay, I've gone about as fer as I can go. HELP.

Error message:

To view the movie, open your browser in the 32-bit mode.

1) In Safari, select Applications/Safari in the Finder and click More Info.

2) Ensure that Open in 32-bit mode is selected.

3) Re-launch the browser.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

1) In Safari, select Applications/Safari in the Finder and click More Info.

2) Ensure that Open in 32-bit mode is selected.

3) Re-launch the browser.[/B]

It means the Safari app in your applications folder. If you open the info panel (command-i) when it's selected, there should be a checkbox to open in 32-bit mode. Your new computer runs most things in 64-bit but some plugins will still be 32-bit so you have to run the main app as 32-bit too. This happens with some system preference panes too.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

It means the Safari app in your applications folder. If you open the info panel (command-i) when it's selected, there should be a checkbox to open in 32-bit mode. Your new computer runs most things in 64-bit but some plugins will still be 32-bit so you have to run the main app as 32-bit too. This happens with some system preference panes too.

Right! Thank you. It's much slower to open but it WORKS well after it opens.

When I grow up, I want to be just like you.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I have done many projects with flash and was asked to make a crossword puzzle. It's quite easy to make a predefined, static one, but how would one go about making a complex system where you could insert let's say 50 words with appropriate descriptions and have it all align itself?

Sounds like a challenge indeed.

Which techniques would you use to accomplish these? PHP?..