How I Spent My Honeymoon

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
well, i was ready to fly down and spend a nice relaxing week in New Mexico.

instead, 12 hours after we got married we were checking into Urgent Care.

from there it was over to the hospital, then a bump up the the emergency room.

turns out her appendix had just gone south, and needed to be taken out A.S.A.P.

so anyway, i've spent my honeymoon at the hospital on a cot with my new bride. not exactly what we had in mind.

but she's doing fine now and just checked out of the hospital today, so all's well.

doc told us we were an hour or two away from it completly rupturing, so we got lucky there.

anyway, married life is exactly what i thought it would be so far, but we figured we'd get the sickness part out of the way first.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Just think though -- you have a lot better & more entertaining honeymoon story to tell than most people. 20 years from now, nobody would want to hear about your trip to New Mexico ("....and then we went for a drive through ANOTHER desert...."), but the story of the emergency appendectomy will still be interesting & amusing!
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Man that sucks or does depending on how you look at it.

Hate to tell you but, ... um ..., my wife was very "excited" about getting married. Nudge Nudge Wink Wink. Hope you didn't miss out on that.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    lol, my wife was asking the doctors how long until we could start being intimate. she kept asking until she found the lowest answer.

lol, hard to argue with that, but i don't want to take another trip to the hospital.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    I should tell you about the time my wife had a seizure from meningitis.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    [quote]Originally posted by alcimedes:

<strong>lol, my wife was asking the doctors how long until we could start being intimate. she kept asking until she found the lowest answer.

lol, hard to argue with that, but i don't want to take another trip to the hospital. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Did she ask all the doctors "how long until we could start being intimate" OR did she say "how long before my husband and I can be intimate"?

There's an important difference in the wording, you know.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by JRC:

<strong>

Did she ask all the doctors "how long until we could start being intimate" OR did she say "how long before my husband and I can be intimate"?

There's an important difference in the wording, you know.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Right.... was the doctor a handsome fella?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    she was a rather handsome lady, but i don't think that's what she had in mind.

• Reply 8 of 8
    Say no more!