Apple to replace iPads in need of new battery for $99

167891012»

Comments

• Reply 221 of 222
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Free speech is not a red herring. It's an important asset. The problem with censoring people, or banning them because you don't like reading what they say, is where do you stop? Once the "worst" are eliminated, the next "worse" become the worst, and so on. At some point, all you have is cheerleaders, because a number of people here can't bear anything negative being said, so they will always complain.

Slippery slope is a simply one of those debate fallacies.

The reality is that there is middle ground where you can mod trolls out of existence without reducing the population to nothing but cheerleaders.

Quote:

How do you know the majority of the userbase want people banned? Do we take a vote? I talk to some people privately, and often that works, but not always.

If you can't see that folks like tekstud are disruptive and harmful to the forum there's no need to continue this discussion. It's not a democracy, it's common sense.

Quote:

I've had people mail me because one person said that a post they made was silly, and they wanted it to be deleted. Should I do that too?

If it seems to be going too far, and if I'm at the thread, I'll tell people to stop it, often that works as well.

Yes, that has worked really well lately.

My ignore list is growing and it's the SAME HANDFUL OF IDIOTS WITH DIFFERENT ALIASES.
  • Reply 222 of 222
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea View Post

Slippery slope is a simply one of those debate fallacies.

The reality is that there is middle ground where you can mod trolls out of existence without reducing the population to nothing but cheerleaders.

If you can't see that folks like tekstud are disruptive and harmful to the forum there's no need to continue this discussion. It's not a democracy, it's common sense.

Yes, that has worked really well lately.

My ignore list is growing and it's the SAME HANDFUL OF IDIOTS WITH DIFFERENT ALIASES.

Exactly regarding the last sentence.

I don't understand why these individuals, which is really just a few, can't be taken off the boards. Doesn't AI have the ability to know these few individuals and their multiple aliases? I am in and out of these boards because of a very few people. Even though you can put them on the ignore list, their is no feature that automatically ignores someone on the boards that quotes these jokers.Then I have to see their names and their quotes.

I have started to list my ignore list as my signature. Unfortunately their is a limit to how many "characters" I can list....hahaha

I don't really buy into the where do we stop argument. We all pretty much know who is really trying to cause trouble around here,,don't we...