Apple seeds another Mac OS X 10.6.3 beta to developers

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Apple on Wednesday evening issued yet another beta of its forthcoming 10.6.3 security and maintenance update for Mac OS X Snow Leopard. The latest build is labeled 10D573, and like the previous beta it asks developers to focus on GraphicsDrivers, Images & Photos, Mail, QuickTime and Security Certificates.

Apple has quickly released multiple betas of the latest update to Snow Leopard for months now, with the most recent coming just last week. The previous build was dubbed 10D572.

Apple typically seeds external betas of Mac OS X updates at such a rapid frequency only when the software is entering a final candidate stage, or if a serious and potentially-hazardous glitch was discovered with the preceding build.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple on Wednesday evening issued yet another beta of its forthcoming 10.6.3 security and maintenance update for Mac OS X Snow Leopard. The latest build is labeled 10D573, and like the previous beta it asks developers to focus on GraphicsDrivers, Images & Photos, Mail, QuickTime and Security Certificates.

Apple has quickly released multiple betas of the latest update to Snow Leopard for months now, with the most recent coming just last week. The previous build was dubbed 10D572.

Apple typically seeds external betas of Mac OS X updates at such a rapid frequency only when the software is entering a final candidate stage, or if a serious and potentially-hazardous glitch was discovered with the preceding build.

Does anyone think Apple will ever add TRIM support to OS X 10.6 for SSD drives? It seems bizarre that they haven't added TRIM yet considering they've now been shipping SSDs in Macs for over a year (or two?). Also I was wondering if it matters since some drives have firmware that supposedly does much the same thing.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    So this time around, looks like Apple is actually doing some testing and bug fixing. Would be nice if some were pushed to 10.6.4 and we get the bunch of fixes in 10.6.3 early.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

So this time around, looks like Apple is actually doing some testing and bug fixing. Would be nice if some were pushed to 10.6.4 and we get the bunch of fixes in 10.6.3 early.

Apple has been becoming so big lately. With all of their new technology - the iPad, Snow Leopard, the minor iMac fixes and changes, everything. It seems like they will never run out of ideas.

For Snow Leopard 10.6.3, I think that there are a couple of small bugs that could be fixed. I also hope that some of the mac software out there becomes compatible with 10.6 because a know a lot of people that have had problems with the software. Some even caused Macs to crash completely and users had to start from scratch! There's a good time to have a Time Capsule

What's next?

I don't know about what you all think, but I think that Apple could do some serious updating with iLife. iMovie and iWeb need to be updated. iWeb is very very basic and unstructured. It is good for small blogs about weddings and hikes or whatnot, but for competition, not likely.

I'm excited to find out what's next on the "to due" list of the Apple developers. Can't wait to see what else to buy

-------------------------------

Jelvis

NeoShop Social Media and Review Blog

[email protected]