Apple seeks LTE expert for 4G-capable iPhone, hires for NC data center

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    ...and watch Google's stock tank when it does.

Lemon Bon Bon.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

Just want to figure out if it's possible to sync my imac iPhoto to my macbook iPhoto using dropbox?

I use ChrnoSync for that and love it. No bandwidth issues waiting for my files to go up to the cloud and then back either.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Whether or not the next-generation iPhone hardware supports LTE 4G....

It makes no sense for the upcoming iPhone to support LTE.

AT&T has no LTE network (and Verizon's network is very limited). LTE doesn't support voice yet and is focussed only on data devices like the iPad, yet Apple didn't go that way with the iPad.

I'm interested in the iPhone 4.... especially what the next chip enables (will it be the A4?)... but it won't be an iPhone 4G
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paxman View Post

Not that 21mbps can be reached - I honestly never noticed a change, but then I have a 3g sans S.

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/iphone-...-hspa-network/

Bellus introduced HSPA+, too, back in November 2009. So let's hope the next iPhone will be able to take advantage of such speed.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GregAlexander View Post

AT&T has no LTE network (and Verizon's network is very limited). LTE doesn't support voice yet and is focussed only on data devices like the iPad, yet Apple didn't go that way with the iPad.

I'm interested in the iPhone 4.... especially what the next chip enables (will it be the A4?)... but it won't be an iPhone 4G

I don't think there are any LTE modules for phones yet. I don't think anyone is getting them until 2011.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by einsteinbqat View Post

Bellus introduced HSPA+, too, back in November 2009. So let's hope the next iPhone will be able to take advantage of such speed.

Which phones from Bellus offer 21Mbps 3G radios?
  • Reply 26 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GregAlexander View Post

Not exactly. Verizon's 4g will be up & coming this summer & already supports 3g VOIP ON THE NETWORK, not on wifi (skype anyone).

Though your correct on at first seeing only data devices.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    funny..werent apple hiring CDMA knowledgeable people a while ago? So people see this, they assume "Apple must be getting ready for 4G"...but yet people are 100% sure that Apple wasnt getting ready for CDMA? Again to all of you who say Apple will never go to VZW until they have LTE in many markets, remember this...VZW has full intentions on still keeping their CDMA network for voice, so it will be apart of their phone for a very long time. Speculations...speculations...anyone else wish it were June already?
  • Reply 28 of 29
    If you want 4G, you have to WAIT for LTE Advanced -- come on AI -- at least get your FACTS STRAIGHT! Plain LTE is NOT 4G!
  • Reply 29 of 29
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by libertyforall View Post

If you want 4G, you have to WAIT for LTE Advanced -- come on AI -- at least get your FACTS STRAIGHT! Plain LTE is NOT 4G!