Firefox App Coming...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
For those like me who dislike Safari, there will be a Firefox App for the iPhone but as hope would have it the App will work on you iPad as well.

http://www.9to5mac.com/mozilla-app-iphone

The news is outdated and I can't find any web browser apps in the App Store, weird.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    spotonspoton Posts: 645member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RussellSakay View Post

For those like me who dislike Safari, there will be a Firefox App for the iPhone but as hope would have it the App will work on you iPad as well.

The news is outdated and I can't find any web browser apps in the App Store, weird.

Firefox is a hell of a awesome browser, a real power surfers tool. Be glad to see it on other devices where people have the need for more in a browser than what Safari provides.

Opera supposedly also has submitted Opera Mini to Apple, it's a very light weight browser that processes web sites on their servers, stripping out the bulk. So it's supposedly 6 times faster than Safari, great for non-secure and quick uses.

Choice is good. Hopefully Apple won't be bad.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:

Like the article says, Mozilla has a lot more apps than just Firefox, and they probably were referring to one of those, rather than a browser.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Do Not Want Firefox On My iPhone Or iPad
  • Reply 4 of 9
    I heard that Safari was hackable? I hope Apple fixed those security problems.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    spotonspoton Posts: 645member
    Quote:

I heard that Safari was hackable? I hope Apple fixed those security problems.

Yep, 20 holes in Safari and Preview, likely one was used to pawn a iPhone in a few seconds.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=107978
  • Reply 6 of 9
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Web Browser competition on the iPad is going to be an important and good thing. On the iPhone it makes little difference, but since Apple did not see fit to add any extra features to iPad Safari, i'm looking forward to seeing what OTHER FEATURES firefox and others can bring...

(of course, if FF is slower with no extra features, I hope it gets the AXE)
  • Reply 7 of 9
    I used to love Firefox like crazy. But the last year and half or so, it hasn't been that great. Don't get me wrong I would prolly install it but doubt I would use it much.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotOn View Post

Firefox is a hell of a awesome browser, a real power surfers tool. Be glad to see it on other devices where people have the need for more in a browser than what Safari provides.

Opera supposedly also has submitted Opera Mini to Apple, it's a very light weight browser that processes web sites on their servers, stripping out the bulk. So it's supposedly 6 times faster than Safari, great for non-secure and quick uses.

Choice is good. Hopefully Apple won't be bad.

Firefox cannot happen under the current developer agreements. It has it's own Javascript interpreter and that is a "no approval" problem since the ability to do third party apps was initially announced, and doubtful will ever change.

I don't know enough about Opera Mini, but if it want's to run an interpreter on the iPhone it won't get approved either. Maybe it is doing something different as you mention "processes web sites on their servers".
  • Reply 9 of 9
    ps88jkps88jk Posts: 6member
    wow man that is gonna be insane