Apple's new iPhone rumored with A4 chip, forward-facing camera

Comments

• Reply 61 of 156
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

The way Apple perfected cut and paste is far, far better then the half-baked effort of Android.

It's even better THAN the Android.
  • Reply 62 of 156
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

It's even better THAN the Android.

Hey look! A fanboy!
  • Reply 63 of 156
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by g3pro View Post

That is purely a subjective judgement based on your personal preference. It is copy-and-paste, no matter how you cut it.

I dunno, the android implementation just won't cut it.
  • Reply 64 of 156
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Especially, say a webpage into an email.

I like the way an iPhone can do that or just copy and paste from one email into another.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ranReloaded View Post

I dunno, the android implementation just won't cut it.

• Reply 65 of 156
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    For folks wondering about the offhand slightly sideways manner in which Gruber mentioned this stuff, here's a previous post where he did pretty much the same thing. He was dead on except for a rumored track pad multitouch accessory.
  • Reply 66 of 156
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Especially, say a webpage into an email.

I like the way an iPhone can do that or just copy and paste from one email into another.

yeah.

Is it me the only one longing for "text search" inside webpages/emails?
  • Reply 67 of 156
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    So it is gonna be iPhone HD
  • Reply 68 of 156
    toestoes Posts: 55member
    good luck with your at&t bandwidth when adding that feature.
  • Reply 69 of 156
    markbmarkb Posts: 153member
    960x640 resolution seems bogus to me. Now Apple iPhone OS developers will have to support 3 resolutions? If they were going to increase the resolution that much why not just get 1024x768...I know the screen might have physical resolution/cost limits, but it would greatly simplify things for everyone and that sounds more like Apple's design style.
  • Reply 70 of 156
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 858member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleRulez View Post

We have been waiting since General Electric showed us video phones at the 1964 New York World's Fair. And when Apple shows us our new video phones, it will have been worth the wait. It will be SOOOOO worth the wait!

I remember those VIDEO PHONES that never came about. Hopefully 46 years later we will see them and ATT will be able to handle the load.
  • Reply 71 of 156
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    960 by 640 is rather exotic resolution. We predict supply shortages and product shipping delays.

Otherwise, excellent wishful fancies for the coming fools' day...

P.S. And here goes the Apple's Great Display Size fragmentation!
  • Reply 72 of 156
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    If true, sounds like a good day for the stock price!
  • Reply 73 of 156
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Separately, Engadget also reported an anonymous tip that the device would be dubbed the iPhone HD, and will be announced on Tuesday, June 22. If true, that would be a week before the rumored schedule of June 28 through July 2 for WWDC 2010.

That might make sense, considering the iPhone is maturing and I'm sure Steve wants to use the WWDC to highlight the iPad some more with sales stats, the iBookstore, the iPad app store, etc.

Quote:

A forward-facing camera for videoconferencing is a feature that some users have desired in the iPhone for years.

Funny, considering the iPhone has been out in the market "for years", wouldn't "since its inception" been better?
  • Reply 74 of 156
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by toes View Post

good luck with your at&t bandwidth when adding that feature.

That's why the rumored release of the Verizon iPhone, where half of AT&T iPhone users go over to Verizon and there you go, available AT&T bandwidth for videoconferencing!
  • Reply 75 of 156
    nkhmnkhm Posts: 928member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MsNly View Post

If the iPad didn't get a forward facing camera I doubt the iPhone will... \

I don't understand your logic, the iPhone is a communications device, in which it is now a standard feature to have video chat facility. The iPad is not a communication device and therefore doesn't 'need' a front facing camera.

Odd, short-sighted logic.
  • Reply 76 of 156
    allblueallblue Posts: 393member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The speedy 1GHz processor is based on the ARM architecture and includes an integrated CPU and graphics processing.

Speedy? Compared to what? Compared to a slower processor it's 'speedy', compared to a faster one it's not. The unqualified usage of the adjective is not reportage it's Apple PR. The copy here at AI does seem to drifting more and more in this direction, which is fair enough if that is the editorial policy, but it does mean becoming (and no doubt some would argue 'has already become') an 'Apple fan site' rather than an 'Apple news site'. AI became my default Apple news site a few years back because, whilst obviously being written from an Apple perspective, it did have an element of objectivity above the line. This is becoming less and less the case in my opinion.
  • Reply 77 of 156
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by g3pro View Post

It's nice to see Apple finally catching up with the competition.

You mean nice to see apple setting the bar, then waiting while the others catch up before setting the bar once again, leaving all else in their wake? Have you actually used Android? It's a flaky POS. I'm on the HTC Hero and I wanna flush it, it crashes or is unresponsive roughly once an hour and the charge has never lasted more than 24 hours with normal use.
  • Reply 78 of 156
    garamondgaramond Posts: 109member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lukeskymac View Post

I seriously doubt the very same A4 found on the iPad will find its way to the iPhone. First because I refuse to believe it is just a standard 1GHz processor: the nexus one's snapdragon is one and couldn't pull off such impressive performance on the iPad even it were dreaming. I'd bet the A4 is three or four-cored.

I do, however, believe in an Apple processor on the next-gen iPhone. A2 or whatever.

You will be proven so wrong that I will quote you when they reveal the new iPhone with the A4-processor inside.
  • Reply 79 of 156
    quambquamb Posts: 143member
    What's taking Apple so long to get iChat onto these things??? Seems such an obvious feature for the iPhone and iPad.
  • Reply 80 of 156
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by isaidso View Post

A large screen business tablet is more conducive to video conferencing (like the way a laptop is) than a phone is.

No, it's not. A handheld tablet is never going to be conducive to video conferencing unless it's on a desk/table top on a stand. The ergonomics will never work - who wants to hold a pad out (probably with both hands) to have a conversation with someone?