iPhone SFTP Client

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is an SFTP client program from the iPhone? I am NOT looking for a way to SFTP into the phone. Rather, I want to use the phone to view files on my computer.

Ideally, the program would let me view files that are supported by the iPhone in a similar manner to the Dropbox app but obviously with my computer and not Dropbox,

I found EZsharePro but it is $10 and i am not sure it does what I want. This seems like a pretty easy application that I am surprised there aren't any.

Thanks,

Justin

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Hello,

I'm looking for the exact same type of program, and far nothing has turned up. Any progress on finding something?

I've found a workaround, but it's not the best. I've got a jailbroken iPhone with SSH server installed. I can connect to the iPhone using SSH and from there SCP what I need, but it's not the prettiest, I'd much rather have a graphical client of some sort.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jwink3101 View Post

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is an SFTP client program from the iPhone? I am NOT looking for a way to SFTP into the phone. Rather, I want to use the phone to view files on my computer.

Ideally, the program would let me view files that are supported by the iPhone in a similar manner to the Dropbox app but obviously with my computer and not Dropbox,

I found EZsharePro but it is $10 and i am not sure it does what I want. This seems like a pretty easy application that I am surprised there aren't any.

Thanks,

Justin

• Reply 2 of 2
    jwink3101jwink3101 Posts: 739member
    The thing you are talking about is not what I am looking for. I do not need a way to SFTP to the phone. I want to do it from the phone. WIth that said, I found a program called Briefcase which does the job. It was only $5 so I was willing to give it a shot. I have not used EZSharePro but from looking at the screen shots, it is a more refined interface than briefcase. But, it is also more expensive.