iPad launch roundup: Apple retail, Best Buy experience tight supply

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    I just got back from the apple store here on long island in the walt whitman mall. They said they sold 200 of them and still had some left . This was at 330.

The only reason why i dont have one is id rather wait till the next version . I am worried about a too big of a spec ipgrade for the next version.
  • Reply 42 of 54
    zc456zc456 Posts: 96member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

anyways. heres jordan creek in west des moines iowa

(large photo)

And they said there be no lines!
  • Reply 43 of 54
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zc456 View Post

And they said there be no lines!

well there wasnt at the best buy across the street lol.
  • Reply 44 of 54
    tofinotofino Posts: 697member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

SNIP

when world collide said fay ray to his bride

i'm gonna give you some terrible thrills !!!

a sci fi double feature

SNIP

while trying not to be too nitpicky, i can't let that slide:

fay wray was a woman and something went wrong for her and king kong.

it was george pal that was talking to his bride when worlds collided.

• Reply 45 of 54
    lostkiwilostkiwi Posts: 639member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

A few have been tossed, a few have been warned. Makes for a nicer experience, don't it?

Yes, I was expecting the proverbial to hit the fan today but it has been great!

A lot less wailing and gnashing of teeth. It is quite unprecedented for an Apple launch I would say. Either the iPad is mindblowing or the mod squad have been busy. :-)

Or perhaps both??
  • Reply 46 of 54
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lostkiwi View Post

A lot less wailing and gnashing of teeth. It is quite unprecedented for an Apple launch I would say. Either the iPad is mindblowing or the mod squad have been busy. :-)

Or perhaps both??

Or they just take Saturdays and Sundays off.
  • Reply 47 of 54
    ltmpltmp Posts: 204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chavito777 View Post

Hmmm...maybe I should play with it for a few days and see what happens.

Like you need an excuse.
  • Reply 48 of 54
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Our Best Buy had 40 people in line at 9:00 a.m. They then informed us that the UPS delivery would be late, but they had 30 of each model coming. I picked mine up at 2:30 p.m.
  • Reply 49 of 54
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Maybe the Bay Area is just Apple crazy, but at the Emeryville Apple store there were two lines: the one to get in to buy an iPad, and the one just to get in. They had half a million blue shirted Apple Store staff, and were telling everyone that they weren't open for normal business.

After waiting in line for about 15 minutes (this was at 3pm) I was allowed to play with an iPad under the watchful eye of a staff person. She wanted to start with a "demo", but I told her I was good, just wanted to check it out.

I have to go back when I can just pick one up and dick around for a while, without feeling like the clock is running.
  • Reply 50 of 54
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CU10 View Post

brucep, TEACH ME how to write like you! <<really >>??

Larry Niven, in connection with Woz, ring trick you mean? (Ringworld)

my 9 and 6 yrs olds were jumping up and down with each new IPAD report on TV and the WEB !!

A CHANT STARTED UP AMOUNG US 3 TO GET OUR BUTTS OVER to the mall and watch the ipad line ..and the sun broke thru and woz did his magic and larry niven has a book that says the magic may return and so many nice people came here yesterday and spoke kind word sets that turned into magic feel good spells .....the drums beats got so fast and loud and our crazy  ipad dance shook the google bots that follow US around so hard that they killed the yahoo bots and g bush has faded away and obama stands tal s and i did mention over all this crazy woz induced weirdness that the sun was >>>>> WAIT tommy my oldest cries CALL OF DUTY FOUR FOR THE WI GAME HAS PAINT BALLs AS A CHEAT ..........

tic

drip

toc

<< scottish highland silence w/ a cuppa hot tea follows >>

1.83 secounds pass

we all sat down in quiet hush hush and played COD4WI for the next 6 hrs ...

secretly we wondered will the ipad get cod or halo ??

sadly i miss my google bot spying on me all the time but murder is a crime

and netflix just inserted a RED disc into my WI console rendering it into a roku box supreme

giving me a million movies and tv shows and amazon buy/rent HD direct to my plasma 42in set

along with some poor tv channels for free and a BETA MLB channel . can you spell ATV ??

the roku goes upstairs or can i move ROKU and a tv set to the garage and hid out for a while from the missus

<<<yea honey im cleaning the garage !!>>

Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

A few have been tossed, a few have been warned. Makes for a nicer experience, don't it?

the above post whilst cool and true blue nice is the worst troll bait i have ever seen .. i hope my spells keep there milk going sour and make them stay away because it's been fun here lately

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Groovy . . .

Totally with you on that, Bruce.

coming from you that means a lot

my son tommy thinks you rock .

watch for 3-1 split and $125 split adjusted price aapl price target by sept school daze

peace my friend and congrads on all the new IPADIANS !!!!!

welcome to the growin apple army

5.43 am nyc time

• Reply 51 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tofino View Post

while trying not to be too nitpicky, i can't let that slide:

fay wray was a woman and something went wrong for her and king kong.

it was pal that was talking to his bride when worlds collided.

thank you i could never get that right !!!!!

its just a jump to the left .....
  • Reply 52 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by majortom1981 View Post

I just got back from the apple store here on long island in the walt whitman mall. They said they sold 200 of them and still had some left . This was at 330.

The only reason why i dont have one is id rather wait till the next version . I am worried about a too big of a spec ipgrade for the next version.

the 1TB LOOMS
  • Reply 53 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lostkiwi View Post

Or perhaps both??

maybe they moved to the palm pre site ??
  • Reply 54 of 54
    icyfogicyfog Posts: 338member
    So the lines were thin, but the supply was tight.

I wonder how Wall Street will react tomorrow.