Can you download movies from right on iPad using iTunes app?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hello everyone!

Can you download movies and tv shows over wifi on the iPad using the iTunes app or do you have to sync them from a computer?

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Yes, yes, and no. The iTunes store app for iPad gives you complete access to movies and TV shows.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    But they will sync back to the computer when you plug in. (for use on other devices)
  • Reply 3 of 8
    snap33snap33 Posts: 5member
    Can I somehow load a DVD to iPad? Like a golf tutorial video so I can watch it on the train or outdoors while practicing?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Sure. Rip it with Handbrake, drag into iTunes, and sync.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    stevegmustevegmu Posts: 539member
    Does anyone know the video bitrate, framerate and audio framerate works well with the iPad?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I just use the "normal" setting on Handbrake, and it works fine. Possibly not optimal, but I don't see any issues.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    stevegmustevegmu Posts: 539member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

I just use the "normal" setting on Handbrake, and it works fine. Possibly not optimal, but I don't see any issues.

Ok, thanks. I was hoping to convert an .mkv in iSquint, and the only options were tv or ipod. and the advanced settings call for frame rates and such.

Handbrake seems a bit sluggish.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

Ok, thanks. I was hoping to convert an .mkv in iSquint, and the only options were tv or ipod. and the advanced settings call for frame rates and such.

Handbrake seems a bit sluggish.

Use TV and see how it works. IPod will likely result in very low resolution and make for a poor picture on the iPad.