So what happened to the Packers?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Last week the Cheesie Poofs, er Cheese Heads, were saying how this weeks Rams/Packers game was going to be a shootout and that the Packers matched the Rams in talent.

What happened?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I don't know, but no one wanted to bet this kid that the Rams would win by more than 15 so I was daring and did it and I won.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    i dont know...and i dont really care why, but its hilarious to see faaaaaaaaver get spanked around like that. sweet justice...

go Rams!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 3 of 18
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>I don't know, but no one wanted to bet this kid that the Rams would win by more than 15 so I was daring and did it and I won.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I did the same at work. They wouldnt take a more than 10 point bet, so I said, ok 14. They took it. Best part is picking up the winnings.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    People dog on the Rams for being flashy or whatever but they are dominant. Kurt Warner is an alien, same for Marshall Faulk.

I love Brett Favre, but the Rams are it.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    What happened? They played St Luis.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>People dog on the Rams for being flashy or whatever but they are dominant. Kurt Warner is an alien, same for Marshall Faulk.

I love Brett Favre, but the Rams are it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

yeah, i always wondered why they were so good in 2k1 on dreamcast............
  • Reply 7 of 18
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    You know, Warner is good, but the game was one because Favre was intercepted 6 times. It wasn't Daulk or Warner today, it was big defense making plays.

And even given Warner an opportunity to make some plays, with Faulk, Proehl, Holt, Bruce, Hakim, etc. all fast and all with gluelike hands, you could stick Phil Schiller on the field as QB and the Rams would still win every single game.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Eugene-Phil? Let's not get crazy! Ives maybe...

• Reply 9 of 18
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    They were 'psyched' even before the game began.... and the home field atvantage was seriouusly at play when up against that kind of pre-play negative spin that they all had to hear, over and over.

It was awfull to watch....
  • Reply 10 of 18
    they sucked..HAHHAAHA and i enjoyed every mintue of it.

My Bears lost, and i was feeling kinda down but the Rams winning and seeing breet play like shit made me feel a better.

i hate green bay and there fans more than anything in the world. seconded only by red wings and there fans.

BEAR DOWN
  • Reply 11 of 18
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Yeah Farve pulled a Gerbac. But as for your crappy Bears spicoli, they still suck.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    So it's about good recievers... why aren't the Vikings still in it?

Warner is the best deep-ball thrower in the league.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    a10t2a10t2 Posts: 191member
    It's a good day to live in St. Louis...

Go Blues!
  • Reply 14 of 18
    Randy "I don't even try" Mo$$? Chris Carter has heart, but Moss's episodes probably took all the energy out of him.

That and when one of your key players suddenly dies in the pre-season, that casts a long shadow on the road ahead.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    I would say Korey Stringer's death has nothing to do with it. The usual case is a team coming out and kicking ass in honor of the dead person.

And Randy Moss just spoke the truth, albeit a taboo truth. Sure he's arrogant to say it, but it's hilarious to see all the hand-wringing. Who would be your first choice at WR to start a football team from scratch? (And don't lie.)
  • Reply 16 of 18
    Someone with leadership. It wouldn't be Mo$$, that's for sure.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    As good as Favre is he is simply not good when playing in a dome and on any surface other than grass. His record going in was 12-17 indoors. Now wonder they sucked against Dallas all those years

With the NFL today it does not seem to take much for any team to go from rags to riches as there is often very little to differentiate the kings from the dogs. Look at how teams go from 4-12 one year, 13-3 the next and then back to 2-14 the year after that
  • Reply 18 of 18
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    [quote]Originally posted by spicoli:

<strong>

i hate green bay and there fans more than anything in the world. seconded only by red wings and there fans.

BEAR DOWN</strong><hr></blockquote>

*LoL* Good comparison. The Red Wings blow goats - even if they are already the regular season champions. The only guys on that team I even remotely like are Yzerman and Robataille. Stevey Y is freakin amazing; if you like hockey you gotta respect the guy in a big way. Hull on the other hand, is an arrogant bastard and should be given a concusion immediately if not sooner.

Go get 'im Proby!

[Oh yah, I forgot about Lidstrom. Gotta give him his due.I think he's better than Blake, McInnis and Pronger without question. If Bill Wirtz weren't such a dickhead we could have guys like him on our team.... ]

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Moogs ? ]</p>