Spiderman--The Movie

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This came to me when I was reading that <a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000447"; target="_blank">other</a> spiderman thread. Remember before 9/11 there was a spiderman trailer on apple's trailer site that had the WTC in one of the shots and after the attacks they pulled it?

Does anyone know where the old version went? Or where I could find it? I wanted to see what the big deal was, I mean the buildings WERE there. You can't try to rewrite history to say that they were never there....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    I dunno about the various trailers but when I saw it my first response was "Gee, that computer animation is trashy." It's suppposed to look li9ke a person swinging from building to buillding right? I could see polygons! If you're going to animate it, do it right. Final Fantasy was acceptbale.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    there was a spiderman trailer on apple's trailer site that had the WTC in one of the shots and after the attacks they pulled it?

You see, this is the kind of stuff that I hate. Why pull something because it shows a picture of something that was destroyed? That seems so... 1984ish...

oh well Im off topic.

Any how, all I remember was that the trailer really wasnt very good. However I can understand your curiosity.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Well, the trailer had a bank robbery, pretty high-techish. They get away in a helicopter. They're flying through the sky saying "easy money, HA HA" and then they stop. They look around and say, "What gives".. The camera zooms out and you see the helicopter stuck in a giant web between the twin towers.

Overall, it wasn't that good. I remember downloading it, watching it and trashing it. After 9.11.2001 I got curious again and it took a while to find it, but I got it. I think I had to use Morpheus though.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by i am monkey:

<strong>Well, the trailer had a bank robbery, pretty high-techish. They get away in a helicopter. They're flying through the sky saying "easy money, HA HA" and then they stop. They look around and say, "What gives".. The camera zooms out and you see the helicopter stuck in a giant web between the twin towers.

Overall, it wasn't that good. I remember downloading it, watching it and trashing it. After 9.11.2001 I got curious again and it took a while to find it, but I got it. I think I had to use Morpheus though.</strong><hr></blockquote>

how big is it? can you stuf it and put it on an iDisk?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I just did a search on Appleinsider and the one thread that had a link to the original trailer. Didn't show up. I have it but I slave on a 56kb modem.

I think the first trailer is amazing. The city swinging scenes are great (watch and slow or tab through the frames...then you see). And the ending scene gave me chills before and after Sept. 11th. My opinion.

By the way...its spelled; Spider-man.