Hackers 'jailbreak' Apple's pre-release iPhone OS 4 beta

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 132
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cbswe View Post

I don't care for hackers.

They do not belong to the Apple platform, because they're not needed there.

What's the point in trying to ruin a good solution several people have worked so hard on creating?

Blue box anyone?
  • Reply 122 of 132
    satcomersatcomer Posts: 130member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ALBIM View Post

There is TONS of misinformation in this thread.

First off, jailbreaking cannot possibly break your device. It's impossible. It can't happen.

Well Your opinion just fell apart right there! You don't seem to remember the Trojan Software for iPhone episode.
  • Reply 123 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TaxDude View Post

Bull. They're not trying to make squat better - they just want to "see if they can" because it's nothing but a challenge for them to try and prove themselves...

Most of these haters have never used a jailbroken phone and buy into all the antijailbreak propaganda perpetuated by other baseless haters. A common problem in journalism today is bandwagon unbalanced reporting where the journalist has already picked a side-most reports should take an unbiased moreindepth study of the subject of report. This however would obligate a society who is no longer even capable of digesting the tripling in length the article may take if this were done. Most of these haters also do not even understand the processes of JB, what is attractive about JB, etc...

Jailbreaking is not for everyday iT or iP users as there are many technical technologies that must be understood. Many JBs shouldn't even be JBers.

I do not know a single JB that has hacked apps. I have phoned to confirm just moments ago that 11 that I contacted do not have any pirated apps. In fact only I was aware of how to do it.

JB is also important in many ways to the nonJB comunity because is shows an idea to apple wantlists for the iPhone and the implamentation of these ideas.

So all you haters with with opinions that have never used a JB well or if you have but weren't knowledgable technically and shouldn't have well shove 'em where the sun don't shine.

YOU ARE FIRED
  • Reply 124 of 132
    tawilsontawilson Posts: 484member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davidcarswell View Post

All of you jailbreaking haters with your boiling blood, thick with lies, and deceit are first class morons-

as are people who say broccoli tastes like sh** but yet they have never tried it.

As are people who say a movie is distasteful or boring but yet have failed to watch that movie.

Most of these haters have never used a jailbroken phone and buy into all the antijailbreak propaganda perpetuated by other baseless haters. A common problem in journalism today is bandwagon unbalanced reporting where the journalist has already picked a side-most reports should take an unbiased moreindepth study of the subject of report. This however would obligate a society who is no longer even capable of digesting the tripling in length the article may take if this were done. Most of these haters also do not even understand the processes of JB, what is attractive about JB, etc...

Jailbreaking is not for everyday iT or iP users as there are many technical technologies that must be understood. Many JBs shouldn't even be JBers.

I do not know a single JB that has hacked apps. I have phoned to confirm just moments ago that 11 that I contacted do not have any pirated apps. In fact only I was aware of how to do it.

JB is also important in many ways to the nonJB comunity because is shows an idea to apple wantlists for the iPhone and the implamentation of these ideas.

So all you haters with with opinions that have never used a JB well or if you have but weren't knowledgable technically and shouldn't have well shove 'em where the sun don't shine.

YOU ARE FIRED

I jailbroke my iPhone for a while, I'm a developer by trade and very technical. The phone was a piece of shit when jailbroken, forever having problems, freezing, needing a reboot etc.
  • Reply 125 of 132
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davidcarswell View Post

you are an idiot.

You're being childish. If you can't disagree or make a rebuttal without resorting to name calling, you need to step back and take a breath. There are people that managed to make your point without being so hostile about it.
  • Reply 126 of 132
    josh.b.josh.b. Posts: 353member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by satcomer View Post

Well Your opinion just fell apart right there! You don't seem to remember the Trojan Software for iPhone episode.

Your link says:

Web sites hosting the malicious package were taken offline soon after the discovery of the low-risk threat.
  • Reply 127 of 132
    resres Posts: 711member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cbswe View Post

Actually I'm very aware of what the term "hacker" really mean.

And in my opinion, they should stay away from a very stable OS.

By jailbreaking your iPhone OS-device you are enabling unpredictable behavior

and you'll ruin the simplicity and stability that is Apples trademark.

In other words: don't fix what ain't broken.

One of the main reasons that people are jailbreaking their Iphone is that the current os is, if not broken, not working for them as as well as it could.

I have not jailbroken my iphone, but I might do so if the next os does not make a couple of changes to the interface. I think that the current interface was designed with the idea that people would only have 10 - 30 or so apps, but I have over 100 spread over 11 pages on my phone right now, and I am tired of flipping through them. Most of my friends have about the same number of apps on their phones. All I want to do is organize my apps into into some form of folders that I can access from the home page, and then flip through them. If Apple will add some features for handling large numbers of apps I will not even consider jailbreaking my iPhone, but if they don't, I probably will do so sometime in the future.
  • Reply 128 of 132
    joltjolt Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

3. People use hacked iPhones to go onto other networks. Since Apple gets a share of AT&T revenue, that costs Apple mone.

4. People use iPhones to otherwise violate terms of service (see the MiWi example above), again reducing the number of accounts-and costing Apple money

5. Because of hacking, network usage is higher than it would be otherwise, reducing responsiveness - and creating problems for Apple

Sorry, but I get kind of angry everytime a person only see this from a US side of a discussion.

3) In Europe we are allowed to buy un-locked phones, or even unlock them from the provider, and thus changing networks doesn't cost anyone anything, especially not Apple or AT&T.

4) Sharing the cell to wifi is completely within contract here, tethering are allowed out of the box, and how you do it (i.e. cable, bluetooth, wifi) are irrelevant.

5) Network usage is thus not higher than without hacking, since lots of other smartphones already has this functionality, and this with support from the provider.
  • Reply 129 of 132
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    This topic is closed for you, linuxoids.
  • Reply 130 of 132
    Get off here. Go see two ubuntists entertaining a bot
  • Reply 131 of 132
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jolt View Post

Sorry, but I get kind of angry everytime a person only see this from a US side of a discussion.

3) In Europe we are allowed to buy un-locked phones, or even unlock them from the provider, and thus changing networks doesn't cost anyone anything, especially not Apple or AT&T.

4) Sharing the cell to wifi is completely within contract here, tethering are allowed out of the box, and how you do it (i.e. cable, bluetooth, wifi) are irrelevant.

5) Network usage is thus not higher than without hacking, since lots of other smartphones already has this functionality, and this with support from the provider.

1) Considering that Apple is a US company and the US is the single largest buyer of iPhones, by a large margin, that discussions would be focused on the US. I know this site is run by US Americans and I bet there are more US Americans reading this site than from any other country.

2) A phone bought in any country in Europe works in any other country in Europe? I wasn't aware of that? I thought there was CDMA in some European countries. And yes, it does cost you more. For me to travel across the US and use voice and data costs me the same as if I stayed in one place, but for you to cross that same distance across Europe is considerably higher and more inconvenient, to say the least. I can travel to Hawaii and still use my service as if I'm back at home, yet you can't even travel from Northern Ireland to Ireland and have your O2 plan carry over. I find that absurd since they are same company.

3) Buying an unlocked phone in the US would do almost nothing to better the carrier choice of US Americans so it's pretty much a null point until a hex-band-capable UMTS chip hits the market.

4) Now that AT&T offers capped data plan I agree that it should be free, or at least give you a few more GB per month for the $20. For unlimited data plans offering free tethering is foolish. I am one of the people that AT&T is trying to prevent from abusing their networks. My average at one point was over 40GB a month from tethering. I have no problem with them doing business as they see fit. Sure, I violated my contract and I'm sure they knew, but they never did anything about it. If I find away to tether again I'll go for it; if they block it again then so be it. I certainly don't feel entitled because some country somewhere with a completely different dynamic offers it.
  • Reply 132 of 132
    Yeah, when it's linux, it's never ready for use. They always want you to steal what's missing.