Weight Loss Ads (...need their own thread maybe?)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited May 2014
And medical sig spam as well.... \

I do understand that they are a part of life here at AI and Mods are too busy hunting down and deleting Techstud, AppleRulz, et al...who are the priority anyway.

I don't want to be anything like a hall monitor, but I'm a bit concerned that posts of that flavor may be taken as "harmless", since they aren't harassing in nature.

When that kind of mindset sets in, reporting posts does nothing, as you would understand.

I think the unsolicited health-related comments should be given a 2nd look. Sometime. On a weekend maybe. Or when ever? Those posts are unhelpful, or even dangerous IMHO, as someone might actually take the spammers' "advice", or buy an untested or contaminated product.

And if no one feels that way, i'm afraid i might have to point them out on the spot in addition to reporting them.

...particularly when the umm "Advertiser" starts a new thread and then leaves forever, without maintaining a useful conversation. That kind of thread should be a good candidate for removal

But if Mods feel that the advertisers need to be given a fair chance, then i propose we start a new thread, for medical spam, and medical advice only. With an "enter at your own risk" warning for the gullible. Or even use this one here...

The 1st one is questionable at best, while the 2nd simply waters down the discussion, but could be worse. I've not checked if the links are reputable. Last thing i'd want is for a Windows user to say is "I got a virus while surfing AI!"

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=108451

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...17#post1606817

Dan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    dayrobotdayrobot Posts: 133member
    Off topic, but here's one prolific spammer... 12 posts so far.. all are duplicates.

LopglodoAlons

• Reply 2 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DayRobot View Post

When that kind of mindset sets in, reporting posts does nothing, as you would understand.

But if Mods feel that the advertisers need to be given a fair chance, then i propose we start a new thread, for medical spam, and medical advice only.

If you report it using the exclamation button, it will be dealt with. No spam is tolerated on AI.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    dayrobotdayrobot Posts: 133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

If you report it using the exclamation button, it will be dealt with. No spam is tolerated on AI.

Actually, I have.

I've also stated that in my reply in the colon cleanse thread.

The 2nd I believe I've also reported, though I can't verify.

Thank you for responding

My point was, those posts do not look insulting, and whoever may have received ther report ticket first, may have felt they were just conversation.

Dan

P.S. Oh, wow, thanks!!! You removed them
  • Reply 4 of 4

Weight loss is a problem for everyone, because healthy eating and laziness exceeds our weight every day. But when we know about the weight of our body during the time has passed and we are suffering in obesity.