Still no pre-orders outside the USA

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Well the Apple Store was updated today and I hoped that the iPad would then appear in the UK Store for pre-order - alas it was not to be.

With Apple still quoting 'Late April' for the arrival of the iPad in the UK, it would seem they don't want us to pre-order, after all there are only just over 2 weeks left in April.

Perhaps the delay is due to the fact that the UK release is supposed to include all models (WiFi and WiFi/3G), and they are not sure if they are able to meet the delivery date yet.

You would think they would be able to come up with something a little more solid than 'Late April', with only 2 weeks to go.

We don't even know the UK prices yet!

Strange really as the UK Apple web page says:

"A magical and revolutionary product at an unbelievable price".

So unbelievable they don't want to tell us what it is!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I'm in almost the same boat here in Hong Kong. I will definitely be buying the 64GB WiFi model as soon as it's here. But I'm lucky, because I know what the price will be. Same as the US price, without tax, as it always is here.

I just wish we had a date.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    carniphagecarniphage Posts: 1,984member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I just wish we had a date.

Monday May 10th.

(crying eyes out smiley)

C.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Japan's page has been updated to say the iPads will go on sale in the latter half of May, not the end of April. Pre-orders will be allowed from May 10.

My local reseller will carry the iPad and I already asked him to grab one for me, even though I'll probably be first in line the day they go on sale. I think I can catch a cold that day if it is a weekday...
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Carniphage beat me to it.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    A longer delay than the US saw... means they are selling well or Apple can't make them fast enough.

I remember lots of people talking about iFail...
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

Monday May 10th.

(crying eyes out smiley)

C.

Shit. Should I pay the extra $225 to get one now? And get a 16GB version instead of the 64?

This is really bad news as I was hoping to be able to use it for work by the end of the month.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

This is really bad news as I was hoping to be able to use it for work by the end of the month.

I wouldn't want to count on using it right away for any critical work. I had thought the same thing, but have given up on using it for work for now.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

I wouldn't want to count on using it right away for any critical work. I had thought the same thing, but have given up on using it for work for now.

My work entails different things than yours.

I mostly need it to run apps -- even upscaled iPhone apps -- on the bigger screen, as well as show photos and videos from time to time.

I won't be doing any writing or spreadsheets or presentations, or even use it as my main email correspondence machine.