Apple Invites Pulitzer Winner to Resubmit His Rejected iPhone App!

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I have to wonder why this isn't being reported on AI?

Link: http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.co...is-iphone-app/

"Apple Invites Pulitzer Winner to Resubmit His Rejected iPhone App"

Quote:

After NewsToons was turned down in mid-December, Mr. Fiore did not try to submit it again, “mainly because it seemed like it would be so daunting.”

“It’s not like I had a phone number for someone at Apple,” he said, adding, “interestingly enough, I do now.”

Apple did not respond to a request for comment Friday.

Someone afraid to report ANOTHER story that calls Apple OUT for being grossly UNDERHANDED when it comes to what apps get approved and what apps get rejected? Lets here the apologists wiggle Apple out of this one... Come on, I'm sure you can come up with something...

- Google Voice rejected for duplicating functionality

- Opera web browser APPROVED!

- Never-Heard-Of mean spirited two-bit online comic APP --- REJECTED because it included cartoons that ridiculed public figures

- Pulitzer PRIZE WINNING ARTIST?!?!?! PLEASE resubmit... oh here is a private phone number, someone wants to apologize personally...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

I have to wonder why this isn't being reported on AI?

Link: http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.co...is-iphone-app/

"Apple Invites Pulitzer Winner to Resubmit His Rejected iPhone App"

Someone afraid to report ANOTHER story that calls Apple OUT for being grossly UNDERHANDED when it comes to what apps get approved and what apps get rejected? Lets here the apologists wiggle Apple out of this one... Come on, I'm sure you can come up with something...

- Google Voice rejected for duplicating functionality

- Opera web browser APPROVED!

- Never-Heard-Of mean spirited two-bit online comic APP --- REJECTED because it included cartoons that ridiculed public figures

- Pulitzer PRIZE WINNING ARTIST?!?!?! PLEASE resubmit... oh here is a private phone number, someone wants to apologize personally...

You Anti-Apple troll! Apple has done nothing illegal so there is nothing remotely questionable about Apple's actions on your list. Stop complaining about Apple! If you don't like it, get out! Go buy an Android. Apple invented the app store and the iPhone is closed model so that means these thing are not wrong. If Apple can get away with them, then they aren't wrong. Apple has sold 10's of millions of iDevices, so it doesn't matter if the upset a small minority.

/sarcasm

Sorry, just figured I would get that out of the way for everyone that was thinking it anyway.

AI doesn't seem that shy about posting somethings that put Apple in an unflattering light. This does seem like something the ought to do an article on. Probably get a ton of hate mail if they did, though.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post

You Anti-Apple troll!

Thanks for posting and I agree, AI not posting this does indeed seem out of character for them.

And yes it would seem that nobody is rushing to come in and defend this one, perhaps those who blindly defend Apple at every blush would just as soon just ignore this one and let it go away.

And while I know you were kidding but Apple wishes that 'Apple Trolls' were like me when it comes to buying their products. I've owned and will likely continue to buy lots of their products... 2 27" iMacs are just the latest additions to our home office, several iPod Touches, 2 iPhone 3Gs and 2 iPads (soon).

I guess I'm one of those 'pesky' Apple customers who have no problem calling them out when they pull crappy stunts.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

Thanks for posting and I agree, AI not posting this does indeed seem out of character for them.

And yes it would seem that nobody is rushing to come in and defend this one, perhaps those who blindly defend Apple at every blush would just as soon just ignore this one and let it go away.

And while I know you were kidding but Apple wishes that 'Apple Trolls' were like me when it comes to buying their products. I've owned and will likely continue to buy lots of their products... 2 27" iMacs are just the latest additions to our home office, several iPod Touches, 2 iPhone 3Gs and 2 iPads (soon).

I guess I'm one of those 'pesky' Apple customers who have no problem calling them out when they pull crappy stunts.

Well, maybe the AI writers are trying find a why to write about it and blame the cartoonist. Not like some apologists would go along with that.

Aren't we as apple fan supposed to agree with everything they do?