ATT can raise 3G ipad plans anytime they want...

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Like a lot of people, I am waiting for the 3G version of the iPad to come out.

But I just thought of something that seems pretty obvious. As great as the pricing and NO contract iPad 3G plans are, ATT can pretty much raise their prices ANY time they wish.

I mean, what is stopping them? Especially if their network is gonna get absolutely SWAMPED once this thing starts selling.

They'll get all these people hooked on the awesome pricing plans and then BAM! Raise their rates.

Hey maybe not for awhile. Who knows. But it's something to consider before we all get reeled in.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Yes but I also think that the iPad 3G can be brought to other networks pretty easily because it's sim card based.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Yes but I also think that the iPad 3G can be brought to other networks pretty easily because it's sim card based.

What other networks? Only T-Mobile and ATT are GSM and T-Mobile is using the wrong frequencies. So we, in the US, are stuck with ATT.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aresee View Post

What other networks? Only T-Mobile and ATT are GSM and T-Mobile is using the wrong frequencies. So we, in the US, are stuck with ATT.

And I don't believe the 3G chipset in the iPad even supports T-Mobile's 3G, does it?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    We are stuck with AT&T here. If more people use the service the prices should come down instead of going up.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 858member
    APPLE will have some say in the pricing structure AT&T uses.