Confirmed next-gen Apple iPhone seen in person, disassembled

Comments

• Reply 221 of 394
    ijoeijoe Posts: 18member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Now these pics look good and give a lot of credence to it being real.

What I don't understand is why there are so few internal pics. Show us the NAND and the CPU.

Someone please explain to me why in EVERY picture the front facing camera area is blurred out???? Being that this is a big new feature you would think they would do a closeup of it. Seriously go back and look at the pics they are all foggy in that area. I have doubts
  • Reply 222 of 394
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

It's hard to argue with a hands-on teardown, but I still doubt this. This kind of thing NEVER happens, especially from Apple. When I first saw the photos yesterday on MacNN, I said it didn't look right. At the time I thought the "iPhone" text didn't look right, and that something looked weird with the logo. Seeing the existing one, I take that back...but still:

Have you ever heard of people walking around with unreleased Apple products? Have you ever heard of anything like this happening? I haven't. The closest we've come to this kind of information is the workerbee incident. Apple threw the book at him. Apple went after Thinksecret over some friggin photos. Do you really think they wouldn't issue cease and desist orders to AI, Gizmodo, et al? Of course they would.

I think this is either an excellent fake, or an intentional leak by Apple. That's just the way I see it.

Could have been an AT&T employee that had it for testing.

But yes, the fact that Apple hasn't notified anyone or if they have those people haven't mentioned this is strange, if it was really accidently misplaced.
  • Reply 223 of 394
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fizzmaster View Post

Who exactly "confirmed" it? Was it Apple?

"Confirmed next-gen Apple iPhone seen in person, disassembled"

The 'confirmation' stems from the claims that the internal components are Apple-labled, and when attempting to synchronize the 'device' to a computer, it is immediately recognized as an Apple iPhone.

Pretty Darned Convincing...
  • Reply 224 of 394
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

The 'confirmation' stems from the claims that the internal components are Apple-labled, and when attempting to synchronize the 'device' to a computer, it is immediately recognized as an Apple iPhone.

Really, where are the photos of that? I must have missed the photos of the device connected and showing it came up as an Apple product, please direct us to them.

Where are the Apple labeled internal components? Are you referring to the one cable, hardly tough to fake. How about the processor photos, or the memory, etc.?
  • Reply 225 of 394
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ijoe View Post

Someone please explain to me why in EVERY picture the front facing camera area is blurred out???? Being that this is a big new feature you would think they would do a closeup of it. Seriously go back and look at the pics they are all foggy in that area. I have doubts

Really?

• Reply 226 of 394
    Quote:

Of course, Giz could come out tomorrow with:

"Pwned! We got you and we are photoshop GODS!"

Not likely, but this must be driving their page views through the roof.
  • Reply 227 of 394
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Will Gizmodo not get in shit from Apple if this was actually stolen? If this was stolen and they knowingly leaked the images and video without letting Apple know they had the device I can expect that they won't be getting invites to any future Apple events.

You know how Steve likes to hold a grudge, just ask Adobe.
  • Reply 228 of 394
    isaidsoisaidso Posts: 750member
    Quote:

I'm still trying to find a picture of these "Apple-labeled" components.

Can anybody direct me?

Thanks.
  • Reply 229 of 394
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ijoe View Post

Go to Gizmodo's site. AI posted just a sampling. There aren't any closeups of the FF camera, but it is in focus in at least one shot.
  • Reply 230 of 394
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    ... just pre-ordered mine.
  • Reply 231 of 394
    I am flabbergasted that Apple decided to alter the housing in such a way. It looks amazing to me
  • Reply 232 of 394
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FormerARSgm View Post

Except that it looks very similar to iMacs, iPad, etc. The aesthetics fit Apple's current hardware modeling.

I don't know, those slits at the bottom of the sides seem like something Jobs would NEVER allow to happen. It breaks up the device too much and moving the SIM slot to the side doesn't seem like a design Jobs would allow either. As for the buttons?

Something tells me this isn't up to Apple's design standards. It looks half baked to me.
  • Reply 233 of 394
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fizzmaster View Post

Really, where are the photos of that? I must have missed the photos of the device connected and showing it came up as an Apple product, please direct us to them.

Where are the Apple labeled internal components? Are you referring to the one cable, hardly tough to fake. How about the processor photos, or the memory, etc.?

Unless Apple makes some grandiose legal move, rest assured that even more pictures of this 'device' will be released over the next few days, including more internal shots.

Gizmodo (and their ilk) are all about 'HITS', and they're going to work this thing for all it's worth.
  • Reply 234 of 394
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by isaidso View Post

I'm still trying to find a picture of these "Apple-labeled" components.

Can anybody direct me?

Thanks.

It's just a pic of one cable.

• Reply 235 of 394
    esummersesummers Posts: 953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justbobf View Post

Well, I hope that isn't next year's iPhone. The more square sides will make it more difficult to get into pockets and makes it look thicker.

Considering how much thinner it is then the 3GS, I don't think that they need to worry about that. They pretty much sliced the curved part of the 3GS off. Looking thicker would only be true if some part of the phone was actually thicker.

Because it is thinner it should be easier to slide in to your pockets. If you really want the curved look, you can always get a case with a curved back.
  • Reply 236 of 394
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member
  • Reply 237 of 394
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OriginalG View Post

Can someone PLEASE ask at tomorrow's quarterly results about this phone?

I'm sure somebody will. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the first question.

Should be interesting.
  • Reply 238 of 394
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by isaidso View Post

Sorry. Did I miss something? Please...

I mean I rather like the thing, but nothing has been shown that proves it's the real deal. Nothing.

Please correct me. This would actually make me happy.

Didn't you notice the label on one of the chips in the tear-down... it was an ASIC that was clearly marked with both Apple and Adobe logos...

... that "sure keeps the flies off the watermelon"

• Reply 239 of 394
    williamgwilliamg Posts: 322member
    Quote:

Who's to say that this design doesn't serve as the introduction to Apple's new aesthetic?

Personally, a change is long over-due...

IMO, it looks like a boxy, late-1970's Detroit-style aesthetic. A change may be overdue, but not this one.
  • Reply 240 of 394
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

Separated at birth?

Priceless.