Expectations for Apple hit new heights after record iPhone sales

Comments

• Reply 21 of 57
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Apple is recession-proof. Where have you been the last two years?

Did you look at the Graph? it sunk down like all the others in 2008/2009, then recovered... pretty much like the canadian banks stocks I own.

The difference is the canadiens banks are back at there previous spot and will now slowly growth, Apple on the other hand has extreme pontential of growth and should keep going up.
  • Reply 22 of 57
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BeltsBear View Post

What broker are you using? $9 a trade from so many with no minimums. I bought 20 at a time (a few times) with a pretty small loss for fees. There is no NEED to split a stock to let smaller buyers in, unless the price of a single share is too high for them.

True and false. You can indeed buy less than 100 but unless you own 100+ , stuff like "sell on stop" wont work because they need to bundle you trades with others to pass it on nasdaq, which only trades 100 multiples.

So, most broker sites will let you own less then the mimimum, but lots of features wont work on bundle stocks.
  • Reply 23 of 57
    Quote:

A great laugh at your expense. You know, the usual.

Thats okay you take the laugh and I will take the money. Just because I didn't think Apple stock would reach 270.00 doesn't mean I stopped investing. Unlike you my actions speak.

You maybe laughing based on one comment but I am laughing all the way to the bank. Today is a far better day for me then it is for you.

Its been such a good day I may just go pick up a few iPads. You know that device you can't have yet>>>>LOL.
  • Reply 24 of 57
    cvaldes1831cvaldes1831 Posts: 1,832member
    Again, just more evidence that Huberty and Wu are incompetent.

Huberty's target price is laughable.

The fact that Wu had to update his target price twice in one week pretty says that he has no fundamental understanding of the industry and Apple in particular. He's pulling numbers out of a body orifice. I'll give you three guesses, but you're only going to need one...

Sadly, AppleInsider likes to quote both of them on a regular basis.
  • Reply 25 of 57
    hmayeshmayes Posts: 29member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Shut up you havent a clue what you are talking about.

Nicely laid out argument. I like the way you used facts to back up your point of view.

Wait, no, you didn't do that at all.

Shall I cite Apple's performance in comparison to the "professional" projections? So far, Apple has not participated in the recession, and it doesn't look like they are going to any time soon.

-Mayes
  • Reply 26 of 57
    Quote:

There are no real bright signs in our economy right now and on any give day Apple can and will be a victim of bad news and market drops.

Let's see. Inflation zero. Interest rates low. Dollar up. Unemployment down. GDP growth picking up. Market up over 60% since low. Corporate, esp. tech, earnings are on a tear. Health care bill passed. Solid financial regulations coming, and no more 'too big to fail'.

No bright signs?

Go back to your tea (the new koolaid) and guns.
  • Reply 27 of 57
    Quote:

Funny how everyone keeps talking about the last two years when within the last two years at one point Apple was at 80.00 a share. I never said Apple wasn't doing well as a company nor did I say their stock wasn't doing well, which by the way I own and you do not.....

And, yet, you've been the one predicting Apple in the mid-100s a couple of months ago, when you expounded on this topic with your amazing forecasting skills.

Go look it up, in case you are having trouble recollecting what you yourself predicted.
  • Reply 28 of 57
    mr.scottmr.scott Posts: 124member
    Just keep going up, that's all I ask for.
  • Reply 29 of 57
    cubertcubert Posts: 728member
    "Caris & Company"

So, that's what happened to that cow!

• Reply 30 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

since the min bulk of stock you can buy is 100, then need to split the stock to let small investors get in. Not everyone can get 25k worth of a single stock in there portfolio.

and imo they should start buying back stocks to reduce there market cap, which is getting too high compare to earnings.

What broker do you have? They SUCK if they won't let you buy less than 100 shares. I use Thinkorswim (fantastic if you trade options) and I can buy 1 share of AAPL (or anyone else) if I want to.

I highly doubt AAPL will split ever again. They seem to be emulating Google's philosophy on that (how ironic). Splits don't mean anything these days anyhow.

-Mayes
  • Reply 31 of 57
    Quote:

Are we at 270.00? Also yet again I own a ton of Apple stock so I am more then happy to be wrong in this case. This kind of wrong I will take any day of the week. How much did you make off all this?

Its really funny watching a cheerleader like you that has nothing in the game.

How do you know what he owns or doesn't?

For that matter, given the utter nonsense you spout, how do we know that you aren't simply fantasizing that you own Apple? You sound like someone who is short, rather than long, Apple!
  • Reply 32 of 57
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:

Thats okay you take the laugh and I will take the money. Just because I didn't think Apple stock would reach 270.00 doesn't mean I stopped investing. Unlike you my actions speak.

You maybe laughing based on one comment but I am laughing all the way to the bank. Today is a far better day for me then it is for you.

Its been such a good day I may just go pick up a few iPads. You know that device you can't have yet>>>>LOL.

You invested in Apple (or so you claim), post incredibly uninformed remarks about them on a regular basis - claiming you're an authority, and then when Apple (and everyone else here) proves you wrong and you just happen to cash in because of it, you pat yourself on the back.

It's like knocking off a bank and claiming you're in the right because you have an account there.

No one said outright hypocrisy didn't pay.
  • Reply 33 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Let's see. Inflation zero. Interest rates low. Dollar up. Unemployment down. GDP growth picking up. Market up over 60% since low. Corporate, esp. tech, earnings are on a tear. Health care bill passed. Solid financial regulations coming, and no more 'too big to fail'.

No bright signs?

Go back to your tea (the new koolaid) and guns.

Now come on I know you are alot smarter then this. Do you really believe inflation is really down? It doesn't matter if interest rates are low if the banks are not lending.

Lets look at this another way. Unemployment at 9.7% and in some cases far higher then at based on region. The US government putting us in to debt and spending money like it grows on trees. Foreclosures at an all time high.

Most Americans did not want the healthcare bill to pass and are concerned about the cost of that bill which is really going to be over 2 trillion.

Clearly you are going off talking points for our liberal news media and if you really believe there are bright spots in this country you don't actually live here.

We have 16 states with an unemployment rate higher then 10% in some cases close to 15-16%. Tell those people about the bright spots. I doubt they care about interest rates or what the market is doing. Those 16+ million are having a hard time putting food on the table and keeping their house.

Your comments are bullshit talking points and are not reflective at all of what he average person in the US is experiencing. You and Quadra must dwell in the same bubble.
  • Reply 34 of 57
    Quote:

You invested in Apple (or so you claim), post incredibly uninformed remarks about them on a regular basis - claiming you're an authority, and then when Apple (and everyone else here) proves you wrong and you just happen to cash in because of it, you pat yourself on the back.

It's like knocking off a bank and claiming you're in the right because you have an account there.

No one said outright hypocrisy didn't pay.

My remarks are always informed and just because you don't believe they are doesn't make it fact. I have been a Apple investor pre iPod. Remember I work for IBM and have my entire career.

There isn't anyone here that proves me wrong. Also if you were so right you would have been in the game a long time ago. Yet again my actions speak.

Your just some guy that cuts and pastes from Macrumors to AI. Its sad when I see the exact same comments by you word for word on each forum. You don't even have a mind of your own.

Now I am laughing because you are a joke at best.
  • Reply 35 of 57
    Mods, could you please give extremeskater a gentle reminder to take his meds?
  • Reply 36 of 57
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:

My remarks are always informed

Quote:

There isn't anyone here that proves me wrong.

• Reply 37 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Mods, could you please give extremeskater a gentle reminder to take his meds?

Instead of saying something stupid like that check the facts. There isnt anything that I listed that is incorrect. Maybe the mods should give you a gentle reminder to pull your head out of your ass because clearly you live in a dream world.
  • Reply 38 of 57
    Quote:

Are we at 270.00? Also yet again I own a ton of Apple stock so I am more then happy to be wrong in this case. This kind of wrong I will take any day of the week. How much did you make off all this?

Its really funny watching a cheerleader like you that has nothing in the game.

Well, if you really don't think AAPL will hit $270, there is a ton of money for you to make on the options at the 270 strike.

For the record, touting that you "own a ton of Apple stock" doesn't actually mean you own them (it reminds me of the episode of "The Office" where Michael Scott came out of his office saying "I declare bankruptcy"). Every investor I know does not blab about how much stock they own, especially on the internet. It's distasteful and makes you look like an arrogant prick, even if you do own the stock.
  • Reply 39 of 57
    Quote:

Its okay Quadra I understand you are experiencing that envy you are always talking about because you never got in this game and now you are sitting on the sideline nothing more then a cheerleader with nothing to gain.

Its okay look at it this way at least you still have your iPhone and your inflatable girlfriend which im sure is really all you need in life.
  • Reply 40 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HMayes View Post

Well, if you really don't think AAPL will hit $270, there is a ton of money for you to make on the options at the 270 strike.

For the record, touting that you "own a ton of Apple stock" doesn't actually mean you own them (it reminds me of the episode of "The Office" where Michael Scott came out of his office saying "I declare bankruptcy"). Every investor I know does not blab about how much stock they own, especially on the internet. It's distasteful and makes you look like an arrogant prick, even if you do own the stock.

I own a good bit of stock and just because I didn't think Apple would hit 270.00 in this economy doesn't mean I am not happy with the stock price.

Doesn't matter if you think I own them or not. If you can't take someone at face value on the internet then you shouldn't be on it at all. The reality is anyone on any forum or for that matter anywhere on the internet can be anyone or make any claims.