Comments

• Reply 61 of 281
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quantz View Post

Belgium.

Germany.
  • Reply 62 of 281
    xyz001xyz001 Posts: 117member
    whats the problem with flash? It might not be perfect, but it's everywhere on the web and i don't see anyone paying royalties to use it?...why not just support it already? It would just make the iphone/ipad a better device...
  • Reply 63 of 281
    wonderwonder Posts: 229member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by druble View Post

Lets see....It has a processor, it has RAM, it has storage, it has inputs, and outputs to a typical computer screen, it runs the same programs that can be found on computers, You write the programs with the same language that you write computer programs with....Sounds like a computer to me. It's only a matter of time before someone puts Linux on it.....Not a computer? You can call cake by any name you want, but it's still cake.

You really don't get it do you?

By your definition the iPhone is also a computer, but then so is a Sony Playstation or an XBox or a Wii.

It is a computer in the sense it has some of the same components, but is purpose is defined by its USE, not by what it is made from.

Once you understand the difference between an iPad and the device that have come before it, you will probably have grown up.
  • Reply 64 of 281
    Quote:

Aww come on now I read through several of your posts that did not contain paragraphs. Your writing style looks like one line paragraphs. Paragraphs are usually around 4 sentances.

Sentences.

paragraph |ˈparəgrɑːf|

noun

a distinct section of a piece of writing, usually dealing with a single theme and indicated by a new line, indentation, or numbering.
  • Reply 65 of 281
    williamgwilliamg Posts: 322member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thompr View Post

Jobs & Co refer to the iPad as a mobile device. It's not a computer. It's a tablet built primarily for consumption of media.

Thompson

The iPad: It is not a computer; it is magical.

Why worry about redefining words to meet Apple marketingspeak? What's the point?
  • Reply 66 of 281
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Quote:

Aww come on now I read through several of your posts that did not contain paragraphs. Your writing style looks like one line paragraphs. Paragraphs are usually around 4 sentances.

LOL ..what can I can say druble. I love the spacebar.

Oop there I go doing it again. You know the part the bugs me is that Apple probably wouldn't have rejected Flash on Apple mobile devices had Adobe spent the energy to evangelize Cocoa as an API via updating their own Mac apps. Instead they clung to Carbon because that was in "their" best interest and finally Apple had to kill it via refusing to do a Carbon 64-bit version.

Adobe never scratched Apple's back and thusly, turnabout being fair play, Apple's not going to scratch Adobe's.
  • Reply 67 of 281
    ghostface147ghostface147 Posts: 1,629member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blullama View Post

Wow! How hostile you people are. If only you really new what Adobe was really offering and how superior it's development environment is to Apple's. You know it doesn't just do advertisements and games. That's just the crappy stuff that any idiot could make with Flash. I work for an top notch automaker developing in Flash. You want to know what we use Flash for? We develop interactive training material that shows technicians how cars work and how to fix them. We have been developing an ongoing curriculum for the past five years. We have won numerous awards for our animations, interactivity, and artwork...blah blah blah blah blah

So you do something that most people don't do. Big deal. You don't represent the majority of what Flash is known for. I am sure there are other programs like yours out there, but it's a minor share. Bottom line, Apple is moving on, Adobe is moving on and you will always be left behind until your company decides it's time to do something new with different development tools. Hostile indeed.
  • Reply 68 of 281
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mac_dog View Post

so...what are some good alternatives to photoshop, illustrator and indesign? and, please don't say quark.

On a Mac, your choices are extremely limited.
  • Reply 69 of 281
    drubledruble Posts: 62member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

You seem to want to be right very badly. Okay, you're right. Now go away.

I choose to be informed about a topic before I open my mouth so I can avoid saying things that might make me look silly to the ones who are informed. Sorry that it must be a huge crime for someone like me to provide clarification to a topic I am informed on, to help others so they do not read false information and take it to heart as truth. There is too much of that these days in news comments... If people did not make mistakes, they would never learn anything. Should I not try to teach a fellow human right when they make a mistake?
  • Reply 70 of 281
    Quote:

I am far from a fanboy. Fanboy's typically spout off made up, or 3rd party information they they read from another person posting without confirming it. I don't see legtimatly defending a product from critisism as a Fanboy action. Fanboys say whatever they can if it is true or not, and write rationalizing statements to defend flaws and shortcomings in what they are defending.

I am merly stating what is fact that you CAN verify with some easy Google searches for those who are capable. I am sorry Apple feels the way they do, and I am even more sorry that some people are sheepish enough to agree with everything Apple does. Apple is walking on YOUR rights. They are taking away YOUR ability to choose. With Apple's devices in a controlled jail, they control content. Then control what you have have to consume content. They control how you will consume that content.

I know there are Apple users out there who are decent peace loving people who have a good head on their shoulders, but there are also ones out there who do not. If you truly dislike the product on your own, and not because Apple dosn't like it fine. But if you all of a suddent have a problem now that Apple has made headlines about it, I don't have the time of day for you. I would prefer someone real, and not a senseless follower...

Apple are NOT walking on YOUR rights.

Are you forced to buy an iPhone? No.

Are there other smart phones on the market? Yes

Can you buy them? Yes

Do you have a free mind? Yes (in your case not so sure).

Can you chose to not use an Apple device and still live a happy life? Yes

If you don't like the Apple device or the way it is controlled, then I have some simple advice - DON"T BUY AN IPHONE. How hard was that?

You have no RIGHTS to have an Apple device that is designed and made just for you.

You have no RIGHTS to even purchase one, if they don't want to sell you one.

Get a grip and move on.....
  • Reply 71 of 281
    Quote:

We need new words that make descriptive distinctions between all the computer-like devices out there now.

Fine. And until then, is it OK to call the iPad a computer? Given that it IS a computer?
  • Reply 72 of 281
    Quote:

I choose to be informed about a topic before I open my mouth so I can avoid saying things that might make me look silly to the ones who are informed. Sorry that it must be a huge crime for someone like me to provide clarification to a topic I am informed on, to help others so they do not read false information and take it to heart as truth. There is too much of that these days in news comments... If people did not make mistakes, they would never learn anything. Should I not try to teach a fellow human right when they make a mistake?

Honest answer, no, keep your mouth closed, give us a break.
  • Reply 73 of 281
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

On a Mac, your choices are extremely limited.

Hell on a PC your choices are extremely limited.

When Adobe conquered Macromedia's Xres and Live Picture it pretty much chilled the market for high end photo creation/manipulation tools.

The only think we have now are smaller apps that can do a subset of Photoshop for a much better price.
  • Reply 74 of 281
    moosomooso Posts: 25member
    I am merly stating what is fact that you CAN verify with some easy Google searches for those who are capable.
    • Because everything you read on the internet is true, right?

Apple is walking on YOUR rights. They are taking away YOUR ability to choose.
    • No, they aren't. You have every right to choose another platform/product

If you truly dislike the product on your own, and not because Apple dosn't like it fine.
    • Which is why I have had Click-to-Flash installed from its beginning and never looked back, Flash sucks no matter what Apple says

• Reply 75 of 281
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

The more Apple slags on Adobe, the worse it is for Adobe. I'm kinda beginning to feel sorry for them now.

Why is it worse for Adobe? Do you really think Apple's feud is on Joe Lunchbox's radar?

Only geeks know about this stuff. All the Regular Consumers only know that the iPad doesn't play web video.
  • Reply 76 of 281
    Quote:

You seem to want to be right very badly. Okay, you're right. Now go away.

What a cop out. He IS right. And you are wrong.

Don't talk about his emotions. Stick to the facts.

The iPad is a computer.
  • Reply 77 of 281
    soskoksoskok Posts: 107member
    Quote:

In my home land we say that shortness is talent's sister
  • Reply 78 of 281
    cimcim Posts: 197member
    Quote:

"We don't know how to make a $500 computer that's not a piece of junk" - Steve Jobs

Price of an iPad - $499

He’s talking about netbooks. The iPad isn’t a netbook.
  • Reply 79 of 281
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Apple's not railing against Flash in its entirety. Flash is and will continue to be a rich development and playback environment for Apple notebook and desktop platforms.

Wrong. Steve has railed against Flash on the desktop. Specifically mentioning how Macs often crash when surfing the internet.
  • Reply 80 of 281
    drubledruble Posts: 62member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wonder View Post

You really don't get it do you?

By your definition the iPhone is also a computer, but then so is a Sony Playstation or an XBox or a Wii.

It is a computer in the sense it has some of the same components, but is purpose is defined by its USE, not by what it is made from.

Once you understand the difference between an iPad and the device that have come before it, you will probably have grown up.

They are computers. Some computers are more limited then others. Some computers are purpose built. Apparently by your beliefs, a Server must not be a computer either because it dosn't have computer in the name? You can put Linux on all 3 gaming consols and they are full blown computers. You can also put linux on the iPhone and iTouch. Just because Steve Jobs does not call it a computer does not make it true. What is that GUI thing called on the iPhone or iTouch? Oh yeah, it's called an Operating System. What uses operating systems? Computers. What are computers good for? Internet, communications, games, video, audio. What are Playstations, XBox's, iPhones, iTouchs good for? you guessed it, the same thing computers are good for. I have worked several jobs in the IT field. I know a computer when I see one. Just because you want to be right without understanding what you are talking about does not make something true just because you believe it. ******