Questions about a Dell laptop and Vista.

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Ok, so i'm new to the site.

I have a Dell inspiron 1545 running vista. I got the laptop around last Easter, it's been fine but lately it has been freezing openig programs like control panel and goes unresponsive etc. It works fine in safe mode and dosent freeze, but I want the Internet and normal programs back so I need someway to fix the normal startup. Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TechFreak21 View Post

I have a Dell inspiron 1545 running vista. I got the laptop around last Easter, it's been fine but lately it has been freezing openig programs like control panel and goes unresponsive etc. It works fine in safe mode and dosent freeze, but I want the Internet and normal programs back so I need someway to fix the normal startup. Thanks

L O L - I think your only option is a system restore, in other words re-install Vista because your issue seems to be purely software related. Either that, or revert your system back to an earlier date (assuming you have this feature setup). Good luck with Windows.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    josh.b.josh.b. Posts: 353member
    Quote:

Try using a freeware/shareware registry cleaner. I assume that you do basic stuff already, like defrag. I also assume you use a malware scanner. If not, do those too.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:

Ok, so i'm new to the site...I have a Dell inspiron 1545 running vista. I got the laptop around last Easter, it's been fine but lately it has been freezing openig programs like control panel and goes unresponsive etc. It works fine in safe mode and dosent freeze, but I want the Internet and normal programs back so I need someway to fix the normal startup. Thanks

Throw Vista in the garbage bin, use Windows 7 64bit. I'm not being a smartass here, I've tried numerous Vista installs and it's just absolute nonsense. Windows 7 64bit has been impressive and quite stable.