No Daily Show....No Colbert Report

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
I'm loving my iPad, but the lack of Flash support isn't the non-issue that some seem to want to make it. I can't see any Daily Show and Colbert Report clips!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Argelius View Post

I'm loving my iPad, but the lack of Flash support isn't the non-issue that some seem to want to make it. I can't see any Daily Show and Colbert Report clips!

Sure you can. Use the Youtube app.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    argeliusargelius Posts: 309member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Sure you can. Use the Youtube app.

Unfortunately, Comedy Central Vids aren't on YouTube....
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Or... do something useful with your life?

Is not being able to see the Colber Repor really that big of a deal? (or the plethora of nut-shot home vids on break.com?)
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Argelius View Post

Write to Comedy Central. They are the ones with the vested advertising-driven reason to make the change. Sell them on the value of reaching your eyeballs w a modern codec that doesn't suck battery like Flash.

Point out that effort on their part would allow you to watch more of their shows and ads per battery charge.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    argeliusargelius Posts: 309member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SailorPaul View Post

Write to Comedy Central. They are the ones with the vested advertising-driven reason to make the change. Sell them on the value of reaching your eyeballs w a modern codec that doesn't suck battery like Flash.

Point out that effort on their part would allow you to watch more of their shows and ads per battery charge.

Actually, I did do this. Wish Apple and Adobe would just kiss and make up...
  • Reply 6 of 8
    s.metcalfs.metcalf Posts: 972member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Or... do something useful with your life?

Is not being able to see the Colber Repor really that big of a deal? (or the plethora of nut-shot home vids on break.com?)

It would be that big of a deal for me...Colbert ROCKS! Kind of ironic he's such a huge Apple tragic and iPad junkie but you can't see his site on it...

He's being carried by ABC in Australia now, so maybe you can download ABC's iView app and watch it through that. Note the episodes won't be as current as Colbert's site though...
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Write to comedy central about it.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/abc2 Oh crap that's a flash site! SORRY!