.Doc file saving issue

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi, apologies if this has been previously posted (I searched and couldn't find it...) but I'm having issues with saving a .doc file to a network share from my macbook.

It gives the error message that I don't have the appropriate permissions to do it. I checked the document and it is marked with read/write access ok for me, also I've all the latest updates (it's on 10.6.3). I saved a few pdf files to this share with no problem, so only doc issues. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    This is a networking issue, not a file format issue. I suppose that your file resides on a Windows machine. MacOS X connects to Windows computers via SMB/CIFS. There is an SMB issue in MacOS X 10.6.3. Search the Apple tech support website for SMB to find additional information.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

This is a networking issue, not a file format issue. I suppose that your file resides on a Windows machine. MacOS X connects to Windows computers via SMB/CIFS. There is an SMB issue in MacOS X 10.6.3. Search the Apple tech support website for SMB to find additional information.

Nope, the document is on a mac and is needing to be copied to a network shared drive.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    What Mr. Me is trying to say is that you are having a permissions problem in writing to the network drive and/or folder. I am assuming that you are able to read from the drive but are unable to write to the drive. That is a permissions problem.

I see from your OP that you have been able to save PDF files to the drive. Are these PDF files in the same folder as the DOC files? Network Shares can be set up to separately manage the read/write privileges of individual folders. You may not have permission to write to that folder.