24 hours to live...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
...that's that Wall Street journalist has if his Pakistanian terrorist kidnappers (The National Movement for the Restoration of Pakistani Sovereignty) demands aren't met.

<a href="http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapcf/south/01/30/pakistan.wsj.hunt/index.html"; target="_blank">The story so far...</a>

The first set of demands were to have the families of the detainees be able to visit them. Plus have legal council. They claimed the journalist was a CIA agent...

...wait ...nope, he's now believed to be an agent of Israel's Mossad. And the demands have changed. They want the detainees released and also that the US send the F-16's Pakistan purchased to them..or the government...or something like that. Ending the demands (via email) with, "Therefore we will execute him within 24 hours unless America fulfills our demands, We apologize to his family for the worry caused and we will send them food packages."

Jeez, this is weird. They sound like a bunch of morons (what terrorists aren't?). Pakistani authorities say they have arrested a prime suspect and I hope they'll find them and rescue this poor fellow.

I was wondering if they could track these morons through their email connections. We've done it with hackers and pedos here why not there?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    That sucks! I pray for Daniel Pear. This is wrong!
  • Reply 2 of 22
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Yes. The goal does not justifies the goal if the means include the killing of innocent people.
  • Reply 3 of 22
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Now the deadline has almost run out and even CNN doeasn't have any news on this situation....sad.

What the hell is going on here? Doesn't anyone care about this person? :eek:
  • Reply 4 of 22
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    <a href="http://www.msnbc.com/news/694028.asp"; target="_blank">Oh, he's got one more day...whoopie.</a>
  • Reply 5 of 22
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    Already being discussed <a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000458&p=4"; target="_blank">here.</a> I beat you by 2 hours. But I will restate, if they kill him they will find out just what happnes to terrorists that kill US citizens in the current political climate.

Not that that would help his family one bit...
  • Reply 6 of 22
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    they aren't going to kill the guy. that's why they extended it. killing the guy gets them nothing.
  • Reply 7 of 22
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>they aren't going to kill the guy. that's why they extended it. killing the guy gets them nothing.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You're right Applenut..if they kill him it's worth than getting nothing...they've just majorly fuxored themselves by gaining the vitriol of one 800lb Gorilla named the USA. Lead by the Masterful Trainer GW Bush. Man these idiots aren't thinking.
  • Reply 8 of 22
    I really hope that these morons figure out that their demands won't be met, and that they will be liquified if they harm that man. Anyone that has ever turned on a television is familiar with the phrase "we do not negotiate". Why do they think national policy will change for them and their group of jack-offs?
  • Reply 9 of 22
    ferroferro Posts: 453member
    Dont get me wrong I feel bad for Dan, but this is a lose-lose situation... the goverment is not going to let a bunch of terrorist loose becuase of a kidnapped reporter...

Who are these stupid people who think their going to get their demands met...

It doesnt look good for dan...

And is it just me or is dans wife a little bit apathetic towards the whole situation? (pregnant or not)... I would have to think I would have seen a tear... I havent seen much footage, but the stuff I have seen of her is rather... dry.

E PLURIBUS UNIX

------------------------------------

• Reply 10 of 22
    his wife has surprised me too. she's acting a bit strange IMO. I don't know how to describe it but it just doesn't seem right
  • Reply 11 of 22
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    They're gunna treat him the same way we treat the captured people in Guantanimo Bay? I don't remember executing a single one of them...

:confused:

Does this mean we get to execute these guys?
  • Reply 12 of 22
    If they conclude that this guy is no longer of use for them they may very well kill him.
  • Reply 13 of 22
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Scott, I wouldn't put it past them.
  • Reply 14 of 22
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    What's especially scary about this is when they say if their demands aren't met it's open season on all western journalists in Pakistan.

Do we know if this group has that kind of power?

Was that line about the food packages meant to be ironic?

Jeff
  • Reply 15 of 22
    Was that line about the food packages meant to be ironic?

Yea I don't know. I think this may be an example of the complete bias in the media in that region. Since the war ended they have reopened the roads, a bridge in the north, an important mountain tunnel. Food is coming in more now than before the war. The starvation is avoided this winter.

I'm guessing this important news didn't make it in the arab/muslim press. Doesn't fit in with the whole "Great Satan controlled by evil Jews" byline.
  • Reply 16 of 22
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I find it amusing the muslim radicals can never get it straight. Is our government controlled my the evil jews or infidel Christians? Maybe it's the unrighteous athiests or dirty buddists.
  • Reply 17 of 22
    now there are reports he's dead.

I don't believe em. all killing him would do is get themselves killed
  • Reply 18 of 22
    I heard a report on NPR that he was dead.
  • Reply 19 of 22
    [quote]Originally posted by Macintosh:

<strong>I heard a report on NPR that he was dead.</strong><hr></blockquote>

it's the same report that is on all the news channels. they got another e-mail saying they killed him yet the pakistan US embassy got a ransom note so who knows
  • Reply 20 of 22
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>now there are reports he's dead.

I don't believe em. all killing him would do is get themselves killed</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah but that's rational thinking.