NASA: Satellite to land in Persian Gulf

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/space/01/31/satellite.falls/"; target="_blank">CNN Story</a>

[quote]NASA projected the point of impact for the defunct 3.5-ton satellite at 22.8 degrees north latitude and 50.7 degrees east longitude, placing the projected landing zone near the coasts of Kuwait, Iran and Iraq.<hr></blockquote>

[scratches head]

That sure might be an awfully convenient coincidence for somebody.

"Oops! Our "satellite", yeah, that's it, "satellite" just fell onto your nukular weapons plant and exploded with a force of four 2000 lb. bombs? Gee, we're so sorry! Nothing we could do about that. Say, you didn't happen to see some black planes flying overhead about the same time? Nope? Good. Why do we ask? Oh, no reason. Sorry again, real bummer there."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    [quote]Originally posted by Towel:

<strong>...nukular...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sorry, everyone hates a spelling nazi, but I just found your spelling of nuclear too amusing.

Anyway, in regards to that satellite thing. It reminds me of that Yahoo! commercial where that guy finds out a satellite is going to land in some obscure part of Australia. So he runs to store.yahoo.com and buys hundreds upon hundreds of pillows to encase his mobile home (and dog) in. I can picture Saddam strapping a few pillows on and screaming "Brace for impact!"
  • Reply 2 of 6
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    [quote]Sorry, everyone hates a spelling nazi, but I just found your spelling of nuclear too amusing. <hr></blockquote>

Wait, what's wrong with the Homer Simpson version?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    You guys are dumb. It's all a cover for a sneak attack on these countries. Bush is going to send a B2 bombers to attack these countries and blame the explosions on a falling satellite.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott H.:

<strong>You guys are dumb. It's all a cover for a sneak attack on these countries. Bush is going to send a B2 bombers to attack these countries and blame the explosions on a falling satellite.</strong><hr></blockquote>

If that's what happens, he actually IS a pretty smart guy
  • Reply 5 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by Ybot:

<strong>I can picture Saddam strapping a few pillows on and screaming "Brace for impact!" </strong><hr></blockquote>

That sounds disturbingly sexual. :shudder:
  • Reply 5 of 6
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Now they are saying it came down in Egypt.