John Buscema: 1927-2002

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
One of my favorite comic book artists passed away last month. Just got the news today.

John Buscema with Marvel Comics was an artist who rendered many of the great characters of the Marvel Universe. He is best known for his work in Thor, Silver Surfer, Wolverine and of course, Conan the Barbarian. He was an insiration to me and many others.

<a href="http://www.total.net/~iggyowen/"; target="_blank">Official Website</a>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    He truly was one of the greats. Didn't have the name recognition of Kirby, Ditko, Neal Adams and others, but I rank him right up there at the top. Man, I feel old!
  • Reply 2 of 2
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    [quote]Originally posted by sizzle chest:

<strong>He truly was one of the greats. Didn't have the name recognition of Kirby, Ditko, Neal Adams and others, but I rank him right up there at the top. Man, I feel old!</strong><hr></blockquote>

I feel lonely...I guess there aren't many who remember him. Or comics are dead. I go to the local comic book store and the good stuff are far and few between. Not many good ones left. Maybe Frank Miller (though his DK2 sucks), John Romita Jr. and Paul Pope to name a few that still produce good reading and artwork.