Bluetooth sharing preferences is not working - help

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
After years of perfect working my bluetooth stps working good.

Now when I try to send\\take files from my mobile phone via MBP all is ok.

But... if I try to send files from my mobile phone to my MBP I could not... no more...

I have look in preference panels on sharing bluetooth and I noticed that I could not change settings

Please help me...

this video show you what is my problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUapTrghvPg

I have noticed that with other accounts all workd well... how to repair this problem on my ccount?

-sorry for bad english-

macbook pro 2,2 Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    dayrobotdayrobot Posts: 133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aid85 View Post

After years of perfect working my bluetooth stps working good.

Now when I try to send\\take files from my mobile phone via MBP all is ok.

But... if I try to send files from my mobile phone to my MBP I could not... no more...

I have look in preference panels on sharing bluetooth and I noticed that I could not change settings

Please help me...

this video show you what is my problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUapTrghvPg

I have noticed that with other accounts all workd well... how to repair this problem on my ccount?

-sorry for bad english-

macbook pro 2,2 Mac OS X (10.6.3)

So, to help me understand your problem.... you have other user accounts on the same computer?

Like other family members?

Ok...

There is probably an error in a preferences file somewhere... maybe a ".plist" file...

I don't own a Mac, but the same problem happens on Windows, where one user account has issues and others are fine.

I hope someone can guide you to find where that configuration file is, and perhaps it will help to either reset your current file, or replace it with one that works.

Dan