Apple stores completely sold out of iPad 3G, furnish waiting lists

Comments

• Reply 21 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smiles77 View Post

Greece is definitely a large factor, but there was a large error is seems that shot nearly all stocks down by a huge percentage, including the DOW down 1,000 points.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/36999483

[M]illion. [B]illion. What's a few orders of magnitude amongst friends?

Oh and I've been on the list since Sat evening and still no word. Sigh.
  • Reply 22 of 98
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cgc0202 View Post

It would be interesting to have a list and a link of all those infamous predictions and derisions that the "iPad is just a large iPad Touch". Thus, will not resonate with consumers and other target groups and fields

You meant iPod, I'm sure... "iPad is just a large iPod Touch".

Anyway, when visiting Best Buy a couple of times, weeks before 3G version came out, I can't tell you how many times I heard that quote from 'know-it-all' wannabes, coming up with their friends in tow, tapping on the iPad a few times and then uttering that famous phrase.

If I had a nickel every time that was said, I would be bumping Bill Gate's ass off the second place World's Richest Man list and have my eyes on first!
  • Reply 23 of 98
    nanoakronnanoakron Posts: 126member
    Quote:

Looks like that was a trader error according to CNBC.

Could've made 25% in 10 minutes...heh
  • Reply 24 of 98
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Quote:

Looks like that was a trader error according to CNBC.

Time for Apple to make an app for that!
  • Reply 25 of 98
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:

It would be interesting to have a list and a link of all those infamous predictions and derisions that the "iPad is just a large iPad Touch". Thus, will not resonate with consumers and other target groups and fields.

The greatest mistake many of us make sometimes is that if we think we have no use for something, everyone else must have the same reaction.

I wished TechStud had the balls to accept my challenge.

CGC

My favorite is the one quoted by Gruber.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joelsalt View Post

He would have just claimed that they were "all fanbot sheep" that were "sucking at the teat of Apple" buying their "mindless drivel" etc. etc.

Or he could be playing with his iPad right now. We all know how many times he said he won't buy X Apple product then went ahead and bought one.
  • Reply 26 of 98
    cgc0202cgc0202 Posts: 624member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joelsalt View Post

He would have just claimed that they were "all fanbot sheep" that were "sucking at the teat of Apple" buying their "mindless drivel" etc. etc.

It must be nice to have more than 85 million fanbois that keeps on growing every day. And yet, there are still quite a few predicting the demise of Apple.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

You meant iPod, I'm sure... "iPad is just a large iPod Touch".

I stand corrected. Thanks. What a different an "o" makes!

The heading was incorrect too.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

My favorite is the one quoted by Gruber.

I saw that too. Such bold predictions.

CGC
  • Reply 27 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

NasserAE and Addabox both have aa nice Hierarchy of Effective Trolling list. No matter how well a company does the trolls have an answer that makes said company look bad.

You mean this and this
  • Reply 28 of 98
    smiles77smiles77 Posts: 668member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NanoAkron View Post

Could've made 25% in 10 minutes...heh

Shoot, didn't think of that.
  • Reply 29 of 98
    bkerkaybkerkay Posts: 139member
    Quote:

It must be nice to have more than 85 million fanbois that keeps on growing every day. And yet, there are still quite a few predicting the demise of Apple.

CGC

At what number does it not count as being fanbois?
  • Reply 30 of 98
    Quote:

CGC

DIdn't you hear?! Anyone who buys an Apple product is a fanboy. If he/she actually like the product and buys another Apple product then they become the cool-aid kid.
  • Reply 31 of 98
    smiles77smiles77 Posts: 668member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bkerkay View Post

You're always a fanboy until you're a girl. Then you're just a girl.
  • Reply 32 of 98
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

It looks like the iPad will have full reign for awhile longer as others wait for Adobe to get Flash working for their tablets.
    PS: Does anyone know of anyone that now wants to supplement a PC with a netbook? I don't. Everyone I know seems to want a tablet or some sort for satellite computing.

http://link.businessinsider.com/view/d7e.5aw/e51ee427
  • Reply 33 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crimguy View Post

And I'm kicking myself for not waiting in line last Friday. I went to the Biltmore store and there were maybe 15 people in line at 5PM. I could have waited 20 minutes and walked home with it. Instead, I decided to hop up to Best Buy (following the advice of TUAW) and got stuck in 1 hour of traffic, only to get to the Best Buy and find out they received 10 units, all of which sold by 5:05PM.

My secretary has one, and it really is a terrific device. Everyone says to me that it's nothing more than a "giant iPod Touch," and that does nothing an iPod doesn't already do. My response is "hell yeah, it's a giant Touch!" But that's a good thing, and it does everything the ipod does but better and faster.

It's pretty amazing. In one sense, it is a big Touch. But in a more important one, it's much more (sic).

I went Wednesday to my eye surgeon, and we spent ten minutes talking about the iPad.
  • Reply 34 of 98
    Quote:

I stand correct. Thanks. What a different an "o" makes!

You made a Freudian slip. It is an iPad Touch.
  • Reply 35 of 98
    Quote:

When 51% of the sales come from non-Mac users.

Like, err, now.
  • Reply 36 of 98
    Quote:

When Apple has the volume sales of Nokia at the usual Apple price?:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

DIdn't you hear?! Anyone who buys an Apple product is a fanboy. If he/she actually like the product and buys another Apple product then they become the cool-aid kid.

I am getting some education today.

No wonder so many Wintel acolytes are furious, there are a few defectors, I heard.

Soap Box: I am not too concerned (more amused) when bloggers and posters use the term "fanbois", but when mainstream staff who claims themselves to be journalists use the term, my blood boils.

There is loss of objectivity in reporting, which is not good. Unfortunately, it is endemic in mass media these days.

CGC
  • Reply 37 of 98
    bkerkaybkerkay Posts: 139member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Like, err, now.

I agree. But do they become fanbois as soon as they buy an Apple product? I personally don't think so, but we all know some people do believe that.
  • Reply 38 of 98
    Quote:

Quote:

I stand correct. Thanks. What a different an "o" makes!

You made a Freudian slip. It is an iPad Touch.

And another error, if you noticed -- apart from what you refer to as "Freudian".

About Freud, there was a time I did try to understand his theories, no matter how difficult to swallow some of them.

CGC
  • Reply 39 of 98
    Quote:

Like, err, now.

It doesn't matter. They are all Apple fanbois now
  • Reply 40 of 98
    Quote:

An another error, if you noticed -- apart from what you refer to as "Freudian".

About Freud, there was a time I did try to understand his theories, no matter how difficult to swallow some of them.

CGC

Well now, it's a good thing that one of my majors was psychology so that I can spot these things.

"...difficult to swallow some of them." Is another Freudian slip, considering what his theories were based on.