watch the apple stock!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
yeah, congrats to all AAPL shareholders who bought after the stock crash one and a half year ago! it's nearly at 26$. I bought at 15.3 the second time.

what do you think, when is the right time do sell? I think I sell at 35$.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I bought in between $13 and $14. Not bad. But I've seen it do roller coasters before. I'm just holding on to it.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    [quote]Originally posted by freeman:

<strong>yeah, congrats to all AAPL shareholders who bought after the stock crash one and a half year ago! it's nearly at 26$. I bought at 15.3 the second time.

what do you think, when is the right time do sell? I think I sell at 35$.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Anytime you can sell at a profit you are doing well. I am keeping my stock and hoping for another split. (yeah, keep dreaming, I know)
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Nice. Bought at 14.05. I'm going to hold on for a bit. The stock will inevitably peak again.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Picked mine up at 19.25 a share so I'm hanging on to it for now.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    maskermasker Posts: 451member
    I've bought and sold and bought more... due to a lack of cash at the time.

My dollar cost average is higher than anyone's here (31.125) but the good thing that I was able to do was reinvest for more shares.

I started with 40 or so shares (pre-spilt) and worked the stock (and invested some additional money) so that I now have 515 shares. I'm hoping for a big G5/ PC&gt;APPL migration party in Fall 02.

This analyst puts APPL at a target of $45-$47 by 10-02.

I just want the stock to rise enough for a middle to top of the line mac from MWNY.

MSKR
  • Reply 6 of 13
    maskermasker Posts: 451member
    I've bought and sold and bought more... due to a lack of cash at the time.

My dollar cost average is higher than anyone's here (31.125) but the good thing that I was able to do was reinvest for more shares.

I started with 40 or so shares (pre-spilt) and worked the stock (and invested some additional money) so that I now have 515 shares. I'm hoping for a big G5/ PC&gt;APPL migration party in Fall 02.

This analyst puts APPL at a target of $45-$47 by 10-02.

I just want the stock to rise enough for a middle to top of the line mac from MWNY.

MSKR
  • Reply 7 of 13
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Well, I've had AAPL for about 1.5 years. I bought in at 21. Today I sold at 25.07. Why, you ask? Well, lately I've been really frustrated with how sideways everything's going, little ups and downs. Sure the trend is up, but I think aapl is on the way down (just a couple bucks). I'll buy back in when it hits 21 again, this time with more shares. At least this way I'm able to get some money out of this sideways movement. And besides, why is aapl going up now? There has been no real news lately (from a financial standpoint). I think its just momentum and it will shift slowly again the other way. I just hope I can get back in before they announce results for the quarter. It should be a big one. Either way, I came out ahead.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    torifile, why do you think the AAPL goes down again so quickly?

Apple had many preorders of the iMac (way more than 150000) and i think the financial results for this quarter will be very good.

you should better buy NOW!
  • Reply 9 of 13
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by freeman:

<strong>torifile, why do you think the AAPL goes down again so quickly?

Apple had many preorders of the iMac (way more than 150000) and i think the financial results for this quarter will be very good.

you should better buy NOW! </strong><hr></blockquote>

Here's why:

I think that overall, AAPL is going up but it's going to go down a couple bucks before continuing upward. It's already gone down 1.50 since I sold yesterday. I'm getting back in, but not till some time next week, probably.

[ 02-08-2002: Message edited by: torifile ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 13
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    I like Apple but I don't own any stock yet. I would have bought while it wsa in the low teens if I had any goshdarned extra money
  • Reply 11 of 13
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Yes, watch Apple shares fall...

and lie still for a few weeks. I have no energy for day-trading though.

Apple shares have fallen 3 sessions in a row.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    I ALMOSt bought when apple was at 13, but I decided not too, I just purchased 100 shares at 20 though no long ago...soooo thats still really good(considering I have a couple hundred more shares from way back in the day)