Apple seeds third build of Mac OS X 10.6.4 to developers

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    hezetationhezetation Posts: 674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by funkyp56 View Post

WTH??? that does not happen...

Actually it does. Maybe it relates to exchange, just a guess why some would experience this issue & others would not.

It only happens when you've send a file to someone & then try to empty that file from trash. As long as Mail is open it claims it is in use.

I've notice various issues like this revolving around quicklook, I suspect the issue is related. Apple should make it so quicklook can never designate a file in use.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    hohlecowhohlecow Posts: 50member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jerseymac View Post

If I download a photo, email it to someone, then delete the photo, I cannot empty the trash without closing mail first. The mail program "hangs on" to the picture and gives me the message "the operation can't be completed because the item is in use"

Save yourself a step: just drag the photo or attachment from one mail message to the new one. Don't "download" (save) it first. No temporary file, no dealing with trash.

Edit: or even easier: drag the attachment to the mail icon in your dock. It will create a new message for you with the file already attached.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    jimoasejimoase Posts: 47member
    Mail rules conditions page will overflow off the bottom of the screen when 25 plus conditions are entered, taking the control buttons off the bottom of the screen.

This problem first occurred when upgrading from 10.3 to 10.4. The problem has been reported and acknowledged as a fault by Apple several times in the last 5 years. This problem has been duplicated by several Apple phone support and Apple Geniuses. Each has promised to report the flaw. So far ... Nata

OSX 10.6.4 could be a ground breaker by fixing this simple flaw.

Jim
  • Reply 24 of 27
    lloekilloeki Posts: 18member
    Quote:

The build, like the last one, resolves an issue that could cause inputs such as the keyboard or trackpad to become [UN]responsive

Hope!

I have been plagued with this issue, where trackpad and/or keyboard stopped responding for a dozen seconds. I thought it might be a hardware issue, but usually, pressing the brightness up/down keys makes the keyboard alive again. I hope .4 will fix that.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    adamwadamw Posts: 114guest
    Perhaps Apple is timing this operating system upgrade to be released with the new Mac Pros?
  • Reply 26 of 27
    I can also say that I have the mail bug where when you attach a file you are not able to empty the trash till you quit mail. It is quite annoying, and I do hope they fix it.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by adamw View Post

Perhaps Apple is timing this operating system upgrade to be released with the new Mac Pros?

Dude didn't you get the memo? Those are going to be updated next year.