This Apple Notebook is good?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey, all guys, recently i am considering to buy a notebook for my daughter, this year,she will go college,i promise her, she likes Apple very much.

What do you think about this Apple 13.3" Macbook 2.26GHz Notebook ?

I think it is suitable for girls, it looks very nice and stylish.

But i don't know how does it works, so i want to know some info about it.

I saw it at Apple store, it costs $759 bucks!How about this price? Is it expensive?

Hope you can give me some advice, thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by computer123 View Post

Hey, all guys, recently i am considering to buy a notebook for my daughter, this year,she will go college,i promise her, she likes Apple very much.

What do you think about this Apple 13.3" Macbook 2.26GHz Notebook?

I saw it at Apple store, it costs $759 bucks!How about this price? Is it expensive?

The 13.3" MacBook is an excellent machine. But whether it's an excellent machine for your daughter depends on what she needs/wants to use it for. So what kind of programs will she need/want to run on it?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    stustanleystustanley Posts: 236member
    Also, in the UK (I assume it's the same in the states), If you wait until she goes to college, she'll be able to get education discount on it.

It's normally somewhere between 5 and 10 percent.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    spotonspoton Posts: 645member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by computer123 View Post

What do you think about this Apple 13.3" Macbook 2.26GHz Notebook]?

Ok, that sounds like a closeout price of a previous model of a MacBook, that's a excellent price for a new machine. Do get AppleCare and a case to carry/protect the device. Act quickly, it won't last!!

There is a new updated MacBook announced, looks just the same, the battery life is a bit longer and slightly more performance, but it's not much different than the one for $759 but will cost $999.

MacBooks are not "performance" machines per say, like a MacBook Pro would be. So a bit more performance in that model isn't going to matter too much, and unless the slightly longer battery life is a vital need, I would grab that $759 MacBook before they are all gone! Girls and women of all ages are attracted to the white case of the Macbook, that's why Apple still sells them.

Of course if she is a power user; runs virtual machines or heavy duty software then a MacBook Pro 15" with anti-glare screen, 4GB plus of RAM and a large and 7,200 RPM hard drive would be the ideal machine.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotOn View Post

Ok, that sounds like a closeout price of a previous model of a MacBook, that's a excellent price for a new machine. Do get AppleCare and a case to carry/protect the device. Act quickly, it won't last!!

It's a link to Apple's refurb store but routed through some deal website. Direct link is here:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC...co=MTU5MjkwMjk

Cheap refurbs aren't around for a long time but if they have a run of returns, you might get lucky.