ipod touch competitors?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hello, Guys

I know this is apple hardware forum, but I still want to ask this:

Is there any major competitor for ipod touch?

I know google andriod is really popular now and it will be directly compete with iphone. So what about ipod touch?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    tontontonton Posts: 14,067
    The only competitor I can think of now that's not a phone is the Zune HD. But that's only as a media player. For apps there's honestly no competition until a similar Android device comes out. Is there any Android-based Archos?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

The only competitor I can think of now that's not a phone is the Zune HD. But that's only as a media player. For apps there's honestly no competition until a similar Android device comes out. Is there any Android-based Archos?

Yeah, u are right Archos 5 Internet Tablet is based on Andriod. However it is kinda of big (I would prefer something I can put into pocket to carry on).

After viewing their website for info of Archos 5, it seems it will be able to compete with ipad not ipod touch. But it does not have any camera or mic so I do not know which market they want to be.

P.S. There is a really worst point: skype is not available for this driod yet!! I just can not live without using skype for long distance calls!