Deleted my Facebook account

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
And it felt freakin' great!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    tontontonton Posts: 14,067
    I think facebook has been a fantastic way to get back in touch with old friends. And I love sharing my photos and status. Yes, I know there are creeps out there.

I think just quitting all facebook games is enough for most people. And turn on all the privacy options you can.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,616member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Gratz
  • Reply 3 of 9
    spotonspoton Posts: 645member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Good for you!

Surfing the dark areas of the net, I've accidentally came across a site hosting private Facebook pictures of questionable age and material, I've of course reported the site. But it goes to show the lack of security and privacy not only the Facebook site itself, but of the owners with their recent decisions to expose their users data.

Facebook needs to die, it's not safe for anyone, it was just a matter of time.

I hope people have learned their lesson exposing so much data about themselves on line.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotOn View Post

Good for you!

Surfing the dark areas of the net, I've accidentally came across a site hosting private Facebook pictures of questionable age and material, I've of course reported the site. But it goes to show the lack of security and privacy not only the Facebook site itself, but of the owners with their recent decisions to expose their users data.

Facebook needs to die, it's not safe for anyone, it was just a matter of time.

I hope people have learned their lesson exposing so much data about themselves on line.

Not only the security issues bothered me but Zuckerbergs cavalier attitude towards privacy. My friends list was deleted twice. First I lost 300 + friends and then I "re-friended about 70" and yesterday the 70 were gone. I'm done. If my data and time cannot be preserved with appropriate measures then FB doesn't need my attention.

Web companies need to understand that despite the hype the are replaceable simply by typing in a new URL.

I await the inevitable FB replacement just like when Myspace deleted my account I moved to FB.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Thanks you for the post.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    omegaomega Posts: 427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bettyw7679 View Post

Thanks you for the post.

I hates poor England. But Shreks 4eva? Nose way!
  • Reply 7 of 9
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    You shoulda waited. Woulda been historic
  • Reply 8 of 9
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

You shoulda waited. Woulda been historic

There's still time. I've got a 14 day waiting period.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Deactivated. It is clear that Facebook is unremittingly evil, as corporations go, and not just clueless.