Apple shipping iPad preorders, opens international App Store, iBookstore

Comments

• Reply 21 of 74
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Next week's launch will occur in nine countries: Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the U.K.

I'm from Australia and my iPad changed to "Prepared for Shipment" today.
  • Reply 22 of 74
    wonderwonder Posts: 229member
    If I click on the Cancel button I get :-

Your item(s) have already been prepared for shipment, so they cannot be canceled. However, once they ship, you may be able to return them from the Order details page.

It's on its way!!!
  • Reply 23 of 74
    wonderwonder Posts: 229member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nblavoie View Post

I'm from Canada and my credit card was charged this morning. Shipping by May 28th.

Does it say "Shipping by May 28th" or "Delivered by May 28th"?
  • Reply 24 of 74
    Wonder! Why would you click cancel?? I have been worried that I might accidentally click that button.
  • Reply 25 of 74
    mactoidmactoid Posts: 112member
    What this all means in the US is that the iPad is basically unavailable. A quick trip to my local Apple Store today (Portland OR) revealed no iPads in stock, no idea when more were arriving, and no idea how long the waiting list was.

If the iPad were software it would be "vapor-ware". To paraphrase the X-Files "The iPad is out there"....we just don't know where!
  • Reply 26 of 74
    akujiakuji Posts: 6member
    My uk 64g 3g model says not shipped yet but I tried the cancel thing and it says I cannot as it's already been shipped.
  • Reply 27 of 74
    "My uk 64g 3g model says not shipped yet but I tried the cancel thing and it says I cannot as it's already been shipped."

Can I have it ?
  • Reply 28 of 74
    rob3535rob3535 Posts: 6member
    Hi... I placed my pre-order on the 10th may with for a 64gb 3g ipad with orange microsim. I received the confirmation email saying delivers by 28th May and as usual saw that my the amount had been blocked as available balance on my credit card. On the 16th the hold was removed but apple says that the order is still fine and been authorised. I have not received a shipping email and it is not even preparing for shipment and should I want to will let me cancel the order...i get to the reason for cancellation screen and then stop as i don't want to cancel the order. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as like many of you guys have taken the day off work. By the way no orders will be delivered before the 28th according to apple as that is the official launch in the uk and they will hold it with tnt/ups until friday.

Thanks Rob
  • Reply 29 of 74
    chris24chris24 Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kels View Post

My 3G 64GB hasn't shipped yet :-(

Could be they're sending the 32's first, who knows, it's just a matter of checking every five minutes from now!

K

My 3G 64GB one hasn't shipped either, and I placed my (Canadian) order literally 2 minutes after the Apple Store went back up.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akuji View Post

My uk 64g 3g model says not shipped yet but I tried the cancel thing and it says I cannot as it's already been shipped.

Apparently the UK order status site doesn't display "Prepared for Shipment" like it does elsewhere, so your iPad may already be prepared for shipment. The U.S. order status site, http://apple.com/orderstatus, seems to have the most reliable information.
  • Reply 30 of 74
    kelskels Posts: 4member
    Quite right chris24,

My order shows prepared for shipment on the US order page but not on the UK one.

I also ordered a case and an O2 sim, which I guess are going to meet up in famous distribution centre in The Netherlands. Well perhaps not the sim, I'm expecting that to arrive by 1st class post.
  • Reply 31 of 74
    flea24flea24 Posts: 10member
    Hi Guys,

just subscribed to the forums after being a long term A.I forum observer!

i too have pre-orderd a UK iPad Wi-Fi 64GB along with the camera kit and case and see it as prepared for shipment on the US order site but im unsure whether this means the money off my card has been debited or there is some kind of problem as mine has not yet progressed to Shipped

any ideas

Cheers
  • Reply 32 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flea24 View Post

Hi Guys,

i too have pre-orderd a UK iPad Wi-Fi 64GB along with the camera kit and case and see it as prepared for shipment on the US order site but im unsure whether this means the money off my card has been debited or there is some kind of problem as mine has not yet progressed to Shipped

any ideas

Cheers

It won't be shown as 'Shipped' until it is in the UPS/etc system. Apple will send you an email notifying you that it is out for delivery.

Although a few units may ship a day early, if previous UK roll outs are anything to go by, 99% of the iPads will be delivered on 28th.
  • Reply 33 of 74
    ippyboiippyboi Posts: 12member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flea24 View Post

Hi Guys,

any ideas

Cheers

The camera kits are not due to ship until June, I hope this does not hold the remainder of your order up. Check your order does it say merge in transit or ship when all items are in stock?
  • Reply 34 of 74
    My uk 64g 3g shipped this morning, just recieved the email now. It's says delivered on or before the 28th to my shipping address.
  • Reply 35 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ippyboi View Post

The camera kits are not due to ship until June, I hope this does not hold the remainder of your order up. Check your order does it say merge in transit or ship when all items are in stock?

I've ordered the camera kit, case, keyboard & dock. Though the Shipping Options say "Items will be shipped when all items are available", the delivery date states "Estimated Shipping: Delivers by May 28th".
  • Reply 36 of 74
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mactoid View Post

If the iPad were software it would be "vapor-ware".

You have a strange concept of vaporware. Apple has shipped well in excess of a million units (possibly approaching or passing 2 million by now). That's hardly vaporware.

Supply is constrained and I hope they manage to ramp up production soon, but calling it vapor indicates a complete lack of understanding of the industry's history - including REAL vaporware products.
  • Reply 37 of 74
    Quote:

My uk 64g 3g shipped this morning, just recieved the email now. It's says delivered on or before the 28th to my shipping address.

Cool. Which date and what time did you place your order ? Did you order any accessories at the same time ?
  • Reply 38 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jackthemac View Post

Cool. Which date and what time did you place your order ? Did you order any accessories at the same time ?

Order place about 1am on the 10th. Ordered the case and a orange sim card as well.
  • Reply 39 of 74
    Quote:

Order place about 1am on the 10th. Ordered the case and a orange sim card as well.

I order mine about the same time. I'll post when details of delivery come through.
  • Reply 40 of 74
    kelskels Posts: 4member
    My order has shipped, delivery on or before 28.5.10