Apple shipping iPad preorders, opens international App Store, iBookstore

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 74
    rob3535rob3535 Posts: 6member
    Is everyone else not able to now check their order status on the UK and US self service website?

http://apple.com/orderstatus

Really annoying as my ipad had just prepared to ship and I kept logging in to see when I get that magical blue shipped above my order
  • Reply 62 of 74
    flea24flea24 Posts: 10member
    i'm such a child when it comes to ordering things and waiting for them to arrive in the mail. obsessivly checking tracking websites

of course i have Friday off, i have the next week off as well just to play with it before i pop off on holiday with a boat load of movies and Plants vs Zombies to kill the plane journey

unfortunately i don't have any tracking numbers for UPS, i just have the apple shipping notification. damn!

anyone else lacking a UPS number??
  • Reply 63 of 74
    tofinotofino Posts: 697member
    how long does it usually last to get from 'prepared for shipment' to actually getting shipped?

living at the very end of the road (the trans canada highway), it usually takes at least a day longer than forecast, so i'm hoping i have something to play with next weekend...

the status on my dock, case and extra charger hasn't changed and still says 'Ships: By May 28th', so i'm expecting them to arrive later anyway. only the iPad itself states 'Ships: Delivers by May 28th'.

here's hoping!

btw: the itunes store for canada still doesn't show ibooks or ipad categories, but as of yesterday a lot more ipad only apps are showing up if you search for them. pages, numbers and keynote are still awol.

i wonder if ibooks is going to be available at launch or if the canadian rights holders are dragging their heels again...
  • Reply 64 of 74
    tofinotofino Posts: 697member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rob3535 View Post

Is everyone else not able to now check their order status on the UK and US self service website?

http://apple.com/orderstatus

Really annoying as my ipad had just prepared to ship and I kept logging in to see when I get that magical blue shipped above my order

it was down for a few hours last night.
  • Reply 65 of 74
    myke29ukmyke29uk Posts: 1member
    Hi

I ordered a 64GB 3G iPad at 5am on the 10th. Still not shipped. Anybody similar?
  • Reply 66 of 74
    rob3535rob3535 Posts: 6member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myke29uk View Post

Hi

I ordered a 64GB 3G iPad at 5am on the 10th. Still not shipped. Anybody similar?

My order was at 4.45am and my order shipped this afternoon to London. I spoke several times to apple. They said they don't normally do shipments over the weekend but because of the ipad they have to take into consideration the logistics and courier companies. They are done in batches and there is no pattern of shipments whether you ordered at 2am or the following day before they changed the shipping/delivery dates. If I was you I would give it until tomorrow lunch time and then call up. We are avid followers checking this site for news. Apple said they will honour everyone who got an email saying delivers by friday may 28th. (excluding volcano's quoting a supervisor).

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Rob
  • Reply 67 of 74
    ktmizktmiz Posts: 1member
    I have received email from Apple store UK that my 3G 64GB iPad with Dock, case, SIM, VGA, and camera connection kit has just shipped on 23 May morning. I ordered these 10 May at 2 am. They say "We expect your order to be delivered to your shipping address on or before 28.05.2010."

• Reply 68 of 74
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    83 hours until I can get mine... Can't wait!
  • Reply 69 of 74
    dg42dg42 Posts: 3member
    I ordered iPad 32GB WiFi on the 10th May. Checked with Apple and it was shipped by TNT from China on the 21st May. Called TNT today and they have advised delivery will be on the 28th May. 4 more days to go! Can't wait.
  • Reply 70 of 74
    Finally, my status has changed to prepared for shipment. as of this morning.

I ordered a 64 gig 3G from BC, Canada at 11:38 PM on May 9th.
  • Reply 71 of 74
    fulmerfulmer Posts: 171member
    Mine still says:

Prepared for Shipment

Ships: Delivers by May 28th
  • Reply 72 of 74
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Rumor has it Apple Stores in Japan will open at 8:00am Friday... my local Reseller is waiting for confirmation so they can match the opening time. Fortunately, where I live there weren't that many pre-orders, and they said today that they will have two lines for purchases, one for 3G models and one for Wi-Fi only models, which should speed things up (pre-ordering took over 2 hours for 10 customers).

Bought a simple case today as they didn't have many in stock and will likely see out fast. Also asked for a protective screen as we have tons of volcanic ash here and it scratches everything.

Apple's online store already has cases and things on back-order... My Apple case won't ship until early June.
  • Reply 73 of 74
    kovichkovich Posts: 43member
    I was amused to see a huge display ad at London City Airport (airside) yesterday announcing that the iPad was available in the airport's technology store ahead of the main UK release. Small print at the bottom said that the availability of the iPad was "subject to availability"

I presume Heathrow did something similar
  • Reply 74 of 74
    At the risk of sounding redundant..

I'm from Canada and I preordered a 16g wifi iPad on the first possible day and just yesterday I got an email notifying me it has been shipped. I've been tracking it trough fed-ex's site and they're showing an estimated delivery date of the 28th. Friday can't come soon enough..