Picture of iPhone 4G with white front panel surfaces

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 116
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by success View Post

Holy FK that's sexy! A hell of a lot more sexy than this new Pho soup version that I thought was cool at first. Now that I've seen this unibody photo I hate the Pho soup version

EDIT: Would look sexy in white too. 2001 Space Odyssey like.

And the white mockup above looks like Space 1999. I actually like both aesthetics.
  • Reply 102 of 116
    bigdaddypbigdaddyp Posts: 811member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Harleigh, you should cool it a bit. Mel's one of the old timers here AND a moderator.

To be fair to Mel I have accidentally locked horns with him once upon a time and while stubborn he is fair. My one and only infraction came out of left field and was not by Mel. If civil and somewhat polite he will not ding you for a trivial reason. Notice the items I prefaced that comment with.
  • Reply 103 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Harleigh, you should cool it a bit. Mel's one of the old timers here AND a moderator.

Though I really don't care, I feel my response was pretty cool in comparison to others I read in response to his calling out the OP for a picture sizing issue.

As they have pointed out, it was uncalled for, and if he is a moderator, he should have pm'd the OP rather than placing it in a public forum.

That piece of information actually makes what he did worse, rather than better.

But others have pointed this out, so I will leave it at that.
  • Reply 104 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Turley Muller View Post

I am thinking Apple enclosed all the buttons (side & top) and dock cable connection port in metal frame since on the current models the plastic backs are very susceptible to slight hairline cracks. Especially on the white model, they are more conspicuous.

Every iPhone I had developed cracks by the cable port and ring mute rocker.

To me, it's not an issue, but I would suspect for some iPhone owners it is. Apple probably replaced a number of iPhones, certainly many more that it would have liked. Thus, the metal frame design might be motivated from those problems. Just a thought

I agree. Though most won't agree, I prefer the "candy bar" design. It is more managable than most will give it creidt for, it's unobtrusive, it fits in a pocket better than a wallet, and it provides a sure grip.

My favorite phone before the iPhone was an extremely small (not thin, SMALL) Sony Erricson model I had when I was with t-mobile. To be honest, if it weren't for the iPhone and I wanted a phone that was just a phone, that would still be my favorite phone to this day.

Really wish I could remember the model of that phone....
  • Reply 105 of 116
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Market_Player View Post

Make a blue one !!!

It would be kinda cool to see different colors to choose from.

nano red to save the world ??
  • Reply 106 of 116
    ireality85ireality85 Posts: 316member
    I'm getting the white one, 'nuff said. If the white 3G is any example, white conseals smudges much more than black does.

But let me say that when Gizmodo first revealed the black 4G, I personally called it that a white model was on the way, and I imagined it to be just like this.

That said, Product (Red) anyone? Delicious.
  • Reply 107 of 116
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigdaddyp View Post

To be fair to Mel I have accidentally locked horns with him once upon a time and while stubborn he is fair. My one and only infraction came out of left field and was not by Mel. If civil and somewhat polite he will not ding you for a trivial reason. Notice the items I prefaced that comment with.

The mods here are the main reason I spend time at AI and not MacRumors any more. Over there, all it takes is a couple of the trolls crying to mommy and you get banned. They do it all the time to people who dissect their arguments.
  • Reply 108 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by harleighquinn View Post

Though I really don't care, I feel my response was pretty cool in comparison to others I read in response to his calling out the OP for a picture sizing issue.

As they have pointed out, it was uncalled for, and if he is a moderator, he should have pm'd the OP rather than placing it in a public forum.

That piece of information actually makes what he did worse, rather than better.

But others have pointed this out, so I will leave it at that.

But he's a mod, so...

"Repent, Harlequin!" Said the Ticktockman

Sorry. It just fit so well with your name. I couldn't resist.
  • Reply 109 of 116
    kilimanjarokilimanjaro Posts: 192member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

Whether or not this photo is real, the iPhone needs a trackpad (or trackball)...

Oh my goodness, you're definitely a Crackberry.. and me think you're lost..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

The iPhone's screen already has a built-in trackpad.

Thank you, that answer really does hit the spot..

The iPhone's screen is one of the the biggest 'trackpad' you can find in a smartphone, if RIM is to have a choice, it'll opt for the same touchscreen.. heck, RIM will even replace the Bold's screen with touchscreen in the future, there has been a rumor about this..

Hey how about this; why do you think RIM doesn't put a trackball or trackpad on its Storm smartphones..?
  • Reply 110 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paxman View Post

I wish! That is a beaut. The best of both worlds - curved back for slipping into pocket and flat sides for better handling.

Unfortunately.. We can't, it's up to Mr. Steve Jobs to decide what is the best for us..

And all we can do is just to accept it with eyes blind-folded, that is if you don't like the new one but wanting to upgrade..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by success View Post

Holy FK that's sexy! A hell of a lot more sexy than this new Pho soup version that I thought was cool at first. Now that I've seen this unibody photo I hate the Pho soup version

EDIT: Would look sexy in white too. 2001 Space Odyssey like.

It is one sexy biatch, ain't it? I do hope Apple will someday make one like that..

And yes, I agree, I also hate the current leaked iPhone prototype..

Btw you shouldn't watch the video-clip, it'll only make you want it more..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe hs View Post

I've seen that before- and hope the G5 looks like this.

Aw gawd, so you believe all of these leaks of the next iPhone is for real.. Nooo..!!!
  • Reply 111 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lionelhuts View Post

But he's a mod, so...

"Repent, Harlequin!" Said the Ticktockman

Sorry. It just fit so well with your name. I couldn't resist.

You're making it worse..

"So, Mr. Hutz, does Harlequin have a case?"

I really am very tempted, and I also couldn't resist.. I love you too man.
  • Reply 112 of 116
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

From a Gizmodo commenter:

One thing that's been troublesome for me is the short ringer silence switch, and I'm surprised it's still mostly the same on all of the prototypes. It is so easy to trip it that it's not funny. When Apple had that long "hold" switch on the iPods, I don't think I've ever accidentally tripped that switch either way. But the iPhone's switch is so easy to trip that I put a dot of silicone into the switch to jam it so that I don't accidentally flip it. If I want to silence the ringer, I'll just hold the volume down button for a few seconds.
  • Reply 113 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kilimanjaro View Post

You're making it worse..

"So, Mr. Hutz, does Harlequin have a case?"

I really am very tempted, and I also couldn't resist.. I love you too man.

If only all of you knew how not bothered I am by this.

The lot of you should really increase your intake of Catherine Tate.

Her episode with the Queen is PRICELESS.
  • Reply 114 of 116
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mac_dog View Post

god, these are ugly. love apple, but what were/are they thinking?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

They were thinking "we think these look cool." No matter what design Apple chooses, there will be those that find it ugly. That's just the nature of esthetics. So for every person like you who thinks these don't work, there will be plenty who think they're a great update to the iconic iPhone look.

Myself, I was taken aback at first but have come to like the no-nonsense simplicity of the new design. Makes the current model look a little fussy, IMO.

I have had the opposite reaction to Mac Dog's. I love the new design as it looks way more industrial macho and I'll be getting an all white 64GB one for sure the day they go on sale. Then I'll protect it with a Speck PixelSkin cover. Can't wait.
  • Reply 115 of 116
    stevegmustevegmu Posts: 539member
    I was hoping it would be all aluminum.
  • Reply 116 of 116
    josa92josa92 Posts: 193member
    The white version reminds me of the translucent iBook g3.

Bad touch!