Quote:
    Originally Posted by lionelhuts View Post

I would have loved to see him do this at WWDC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvsboPUjrGc

Well, thats kind of like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdFIXsrjkXI
  • Reply 22 of 35
    lilgto64lilgto64 Posts: 1,147member
    Just got figure out what about - the stress cased by thinking that Steve B would be there or the distress caused by thinking that he would not be there after all - or the strain of trying to imagine how that would be possible. help me out here people - gotta be something we can work with.

maybe a police action against the analyst who first published the rumor to find out what might be hidden in his wireless router that would shed light on this case.
  • Reply 23 of 35
    gmcalpingmcalpin Posts: 266member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cgc0202 View Post

With the new development, and not withstanding whatever was reported/speculated in the previous article, the second staff was now very confident to allay our concerns?

The relevant item that bans Flash is this: "C, C++, or JavaScript as executed by the iPhone OS WebKit engine, and only code written in C, C++, and Objective-C may compile and directly link against the Documented APIs."

Visual Studio is not an "intermediary tool" and would do exactly what this requires.

Ballmer presenting it was the only ridiculous thing about this rumor, as he isn't and has never been a developer.
  • Reply 24 of 35
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

I'm truly disappointed Ballmer will not be in the running at the Belmont.

Based on his dancing videos, I doubt Ballmer could run anywhere - at least without having a coronary, or sweating his basketballs off.

Makes me think he might have been the inspiration for the perspiration in those obnoxious AXE deodorant ads.
  • Reply 25 of 35
    cgc0202cgc0202 Posts: 624member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gmcalpin View Post

The relevant item that bans Flash is this: "C, C++, or JavaScript as executed by the iPhone OS WebKit engine, and only code written in C, C++, and Objective-C may compile and directly link against the Documented APIs."

Visual Studio is not an "intermediary tool" and would do exactly what this requires.

Ballmer presenting it was the only ridiculous thing about this rumor, as he isn't and has never been a developer.

I am not disputing the potential significance of the MS Application, in contrast to the ban of the Flash for Apps creation. Having said this, more experienced developers argued about the wisdom of the move, if ever it was true. The was no consensus.

The Tweeter information only dealt with refutubg tge rumor about the participation of Steve Ballmer. It did not confirm or deny if Microsoft would indeed be presenting or the nature of the presentation, if MS would have participated.

There was nothing further that was confirmed therefore but pure speculation (see quoted material from staff).

Considering this earth-shaking change of events, was there really a need for another article? Or would an update been more prudent?

Thus, the sarcasm.

CGC

Edit
    : The title should have been: "Not sure I connected!" A paraphrase of "Only Connect!", the preface statement in "Howards End" by EM Forster.
  • Reply 26 of 35
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member
    That it too bad. I was hoping for an alliance of the powers. Apple-Microsoft vs Google-Adobe.
  • Reply 27 of 35
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

"Steve Ballmer not speaking at Apple Dev Conf.," the post on Twitter reads. "Nor appearing on Dancing with the Stars. Nor riding in the Belmont. Just FYI."

Notice that they don't deny he will appear on "The Biggest Loser".
  • Reply 28 of 35
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    If he was presenting it would have been epic. Epic Fail!
  • Reply 29 of 35
    esummersesummers Posts: 953member
    All of the obvious flaws should have been in the original article. This was obviously a very unlikely thing to begin with. The original article now says that his source doesn't know what the development tools are (calling them development tools instead of VS) and that it wont be in the Keynote. The source instead said that Apple and Microsoft were working together on development tools. That could mean anything (and probably doesn't mean VS). Apple did license push syncing technology from Microsoft after all.
  • Reply 30 of 35
    artixartix Posts: 1member
    I develop for both platforms. I would love to see Visual Studio 2010 able to compile Objective C. I'm not a fan of XCode and think Apple could learn a lot from Microsoft and their Development IDE's.
  • Reply 31 of 35
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,959member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Nor riding in the Belmont.

More likely he will be ridden in the Belmont.
  • Reply 32 of 35
    fast fred 1fast fred 1 Posts: 294member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

More likely he will be ridden in the Belmont.

He wouldn't last .... furlong.
  • Reply 33 of 35
    Well damn. I was so looking forward to him and Steve doing the famous Developers Developers Developers Developers dance routine together! After all, WWDC IS a developers conference...
  • Reply 34 of 35
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    i'll be the first one to not make a joke and simply state: good. The guy is a total moron and has no place at WWDC.
  • Reply 35 of 35
    humannhumann Posts: 22member
    that jerk from Mad Money admitted it and it's been pretty well-documented elsewhere that this sort of rumor by tech press plants like Chowderhead are simply attempts to make some quick money by nudging a stock up or down a bit for a few hours.