Is anyone going to be giving a live play-by-play?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
In the past there have been people actually at the keynote who have given us a text-based play-by-play of the keynote as it occurs. I find this useful since I don't know if I will be able to get a video stream, and in any case I am stuck on a dial-up connection. Does anyone know if someone will be doing this for MWSF?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    OrangeInsider says they will.
  • Reply 1 of 12
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    <a href="http://www.orangeinsider.com/"; target="_blank">http://www.orangeinsider.com/</a>;

[EDIT: D'oh! ]

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: MacAgent ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong>OrangeInsider says they will.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks for the info!!! My work has blocked Quicktime streaming so I was contemplating taking the morning off. Now I can go to work and still "hear" what's going on. JOY!
  • Reply 4 of 12
    usually, some folks go to Digichat (www.appleinsider.com/chat) and do it.

However, with the new IRC AI channel, I don't know if anyone will.

I'll do it in Digichat (if anyone shows up), but I'll be working off the quicktime feed (although I will be on broadband), so whon knows how consistent it will be.

I betcha the IRC will be jumping.

SdC
  • Reply 5 of 12
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    MacCentral always does it as well.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by icruise:

<strong>In the past there have been people actually at the keynote who have given us a text-based play-by-play of the keynote as it occurs. I find this useful since I don't know if I will be able to get a video stream, and in any case I am stuck on a dial-up connection. Does anyone know if someone will be doing this for MWSF?</strong><hr></blockquote>

A MacNN staffer in their chat claims they will offer the blow by blow just as they have for every prior MW. Although, hopefully they've dumped their patented iServer Crash technology.

I'd also suggest sitting in on MacNN's chatrooms. I'm sure a reader or two (or perhaps even a staffer) will be giving the blow by blow from the keynote right there.

Finally, if you have access to the TechTV cable channel, they will be airing live coverage (hosted by their resident Mac Geek?).
  • Reply 7 of 12
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    They should have a phone service where you can call up and at least listen to the keynote.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I think the folks that ordered the streaming blockage at work would not approve of that phone call either.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:

<strong>They should have a phone service where you can call up and at least listen to the keynote. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Would you play long distance to hear that, 'cause I don't think Apple will.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Nebrie ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 12
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Nebrie:

<strong>

Would you play long distance to hear that, 'cause I don't think Apple will.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Nebrie ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

I would.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    Probably MacMinute.

Our good friend JohnKentucky is going to try to update the keynote live, at OrangeInsider.. only because I was going to before.

I'll be updating an entry in the <a href="http://macintosh.livejournal.com/"; target="_blank">Macintosh LiveJournal Community</a> as events unfold, like I usually do. Not that anyone from here should bother visiting it.. as soon as there are ANY new products offered, there will be 2349287496 new threads about it!

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: bradbower ]</p>
  • Reply 12 of 12
    mwsf.macnn.com will be offering live updates.