Funny story

regreg
Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
My Dad who is 86 bought an iPad for reading ebooks. He has been a windows person since the 80's and is very computer literate. He had been enjoying it for about a week when he thought it would be fun to change the language and send out emails in chinese. I get a call from him because he can't figure how to convert back to English. He lives about 1/2 hour away so I made the trip to see him and help. My wife had our iPad and was not available at that time. We spent an hour trying to figure out how to change the language. We failed, he was almost in a state of panic and I could not stop laughing. I tried to convince him that it was now totally useless and he should just give it to my kids. We decided to wait till we could get wife on the phone and walk us through the process. My wife helped us changed everything back in about 5 minutes. Life is great!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    babaloobabaloo Posts: 14member
    I guess the internet didn't work at gramps house, or gramps dun have internet to look up how to change it back? Lol thats quite an exiting story.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    regreg Posts: 832member
    As your parents get older their need for company increases. Therefore any reason to visit is a good one. Why stumble and get frustrated working a problem over the phone, when you can enjoy their company and tease them at the same time.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    babaloobabaloo Posts: 14member
    True, if my iPad were to break, I would need some emotional comforting.