Apple.com Slogans represent movie titles??

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Sorry if this has already been covered....flame if you must....

Somehow I feel Apple is giving us a riddle.

The last 4 apple.com slogans seem to represent specific movies to me. Perhaps each one also represents one of 4 products to be introduced. There are some possible movies that fit the slogans from the first 3 days, but they seem more like regular hype and not a specific movie.

It's like a backstage pass to the future

- Back to the Future

iMac - Back to 1998 (another iMac introduction that rocks the computing world) but in the future (updated design).

To boldly go where no PC has gone before

- Any Star Trek

There has already been a lot of speculation on what technology the Star Trek reference might have...

Full speed ahead. Lust Factor 10.

- "Speed," and "10" (with Bo Derek) (the 10 in the movie title also refers to lust)

New power mac, very fast, and in a beautiful (sexy) new form factor. Remember "sexy" is exactly how they pitched the Ti Book.

Just one more sleepless night

- Sleepless in Seattle

This last one intrigues me most, as if to say (in my wishful thinking) that there would be just one more night of worries and problems generated in Seattle (Redmond). My personal favorite possibility in this category is an aqua client that controls my home machine from any remote machine, with a Mac and Windows client. Perhaps this same client could also be used to access web-based application services.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Alti-Vec100 ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I think that this is a silly exercise but...

Full speed ahead. Lust Factor 10.

- "Speed," and "10" (with Bo Derek) (the 10 in the movie title also refers to lust)

This seems like a harsh Startrek quote to me.

"Full speed ahead, warp factor 10"

I beleive that Picard used to say that.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    cindercinder Posts: 381member
    I think it's a hint about what movies will come with the new Apple home cinema THX certified HD TV combo DVD burner player wireless home net appliance that downloads movies from the sky in realtime.

Seriously.

• Reply 3 of 6
    Oh come on, everyone knows you can't get to warp factor 10. Its called the transwarp barrier or something, the Borg and a few other species can move beyond it, but traditional warp technology max's out at warp 9.x or something, that was the premise of a lot of Star Trek Voyager.

And besides, if they were ripping off Picard, they woulda had to include "Engage" or "Make it so."

Oh god....I'm an even bigger dork than everyone else here....

.: Michael
  • Reply 4 of 6
    gfeiergfeier Posts: 127member
    [quote]Originally posted by Michael X. S.:

<strong>

Oh god....I'm an even bigger dork than everyone else here....</strong><hr></blockquote>

Not!

If you saw the last episode of Next Generation, they were running at warp factor 14. They changed the scale because the speed had increased to the point where they would have been doing 9.99+ under the old system where 10 was infinite speed. "Ahead warp factor 9.996!" just doesn't sound very impressive.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by Michael X. S.:

<strong>Oh come on, everyone knows you can't get to warp factor 10. Its called the transwarp barrier or something, the Borg and a few other species can move beyond it, but traditional warp technology max's out at warp 9.x or something, that was the premise of a lot of Star Trek Voyager.

And besides, if they were ripping off Picard, they woulda had to include "Engage" or "Make it so."

Oh god....I'm an even bigger dork than everyone else here....

.: Michael</strong><hr></blockquote>

Exactly, nobody ever went warp 10, well except Tom Paris but he turned into a lizard and had sex with Janeway so that shouldn't count. But it definately is a Star Trek reference. I do think you were on to something with the "Back to the Future" one though. Maybe you can come up with a new one for the "lust factor 10" one. Good work.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    It's called marketing jive.