AT&T sold out of iPhone 3G before Apple's next-gen announcement

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    johnnyb0731johnnyb0731 Posts: 326member
    I have a question guys.

I was in Sydney the past week where I promptly lose or have my iphone stolen. I'm not too worried about it as it was a 2 year old 3g and I was due for an upgrade. But the timing is a bit annoying as I don't want to waste my upgrade now on a 3gs as that'd be stupid. Is it possible to buy either a 3g or a 3gs without a contract from an apple store only to return it when the 4th generation goes on sale? Or should I just wait until Monday to see what Jobs announces (I'm flying back all day Saturday after all)
  • Reply 22 of 26
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnnyb0731 View Post

I have a question guys.

I was in Sydney the past week where I promptly lose or have my iphone stolen. I'm not too worried about it as it was a 2 year old 3g and I was due for an upgrade. But the timing is a bit annoying as I don't want to waste my upgrade now on a 3gs as that'd be stupid. Is it possible to buy either a 3g or a 3gs without a contract from an apple store only to return it when the 4th generation goes on sale? Or should I just wait until Monday to see what Jobs announces (I'm flying back all day Saturday after all)

Call to verify, but I think the time for returns, with a 10% restocking fee is 30 days for iPhones. 14 days for everything else.

Alternatively, you can just get some cheap GSM phone to hold you over for a couple weeks. It will really make you appreciate the next iPhone.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    apples4meapples4me Posts: 14member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icyfog View Post

Well, I can't wait to get my hands on the new iPhone. Who cares about last year's model?

want, want, want! is that all apple fanboys want? oh well, me too! time to upgrade my original 2G iPhone which BTW has been problems free.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    alecralecr Posts: 33member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnnyb0731 View Post

I have a question guys.

Just go buy some cheap pay as you go att phone and use that for a few weeks. You can get one for as cheap as $20.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Well, it look like I'll be waiting in a long line with other anticipated Apple iPhone 4G users. Can't wait until the upcoming WWDC 2010 event - Steve Jobs will not disappoint.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

Currently, have had the iPhone 3Gs for over a year now.

You mean you have had it for almost a full year now since it was released 19 June 2009.