Official WWDC 2010 Countdown Thread

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
The Insanity is BACK! After all sorts of leaks and prototypes, beer, scandal and attempts to destroy evidence... Well, it's time to see what really turns up.

AMOLED? High-res screen? Finally an iPhone FLASH light? Plus, will Apple ever be able to make enough iPads for the whole world?

Will Apple actually give a damn about improving Mac hardware quality and not forsake the poor Mac ecosystem?

STAY TUNED! Same bat channel, same bat time... Well, not the same time, that's what the countdown is for. You know the drill, now show your skill!

29 hours to go.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 46
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Also, will Gizmodo be [for]given a Press Pass? Maybe they'll be forced to sit on bar stools right at the far back of the auditorium. The plot thickens.

Here's the sad fu***ers pleas:

"It's no surprise: Apple has not responded to our requests to attend the WWDC keynote on Monday at 10am PST. But we'll still cover the news. Want to help?

If you're going to the keynote, and want to be a part of the exciting Apple coverage that so many of your fellow Gizmodo readers enjoy, here's your chance.

We'll be running our own liveblog with info from the event, supplemented from excellent liveblogs like those on GDGT, MacRumors, Ars Technica, Technologizer, Wired and Macworld.

We are also in need of those who can and want to send us live video, audio, instant messages and high-end photographs instantly—from the keynote. Even professionals may apply.

If you're a serious volunteer who just wants to help, there's room for you, too—if have the gear. We're looking especially for folks with extra battery packs, CDMA 3G cellular data equipment, long lenses on professional recent-generation DSLRs and the ability to upload photos quick as lightning on a tethered laptop.

Interested? Email [email protected] to let us know what gear and experience you have."

Can you SAVE CHRISTMAS for JIZMODO? Apply NOW.
  • Reply 2 of 46
    spotonspoton Posts: 645member
    My predictions?

The MacBook Air will gain a touch screen interface, the iPhone OS and be tied to the crApp Store.

*shudders at the thought*
  • Reply 3 of 46
    joe hsjoe hs Posts: 488member
    iPhone OS 4.0, iPhone HD/4G, 10.6 update, New Monitor(s), MacBook Air, Mac Mini, iLife and iWork 2010, safari 5, new Xcode, Free MobileMe, maybe apple TV and/or final cut?
  • Reply 4 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe hs View Post

iPhone OS 4.0, iPhone HD/4G, 10.6 update, New Monitor(s), MacBook Air, Mac Mini, iLife and iWork 2010, safari 5, new Xcode, Free MobileMe, maybe apple TV and/or final cut?

That's a lot

26 Hours To Go.
  • Reply 5 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

That's a lot

maybe, but introducing the iPhone won't take very long this year.
  • Reply 6 of 46
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Yabba dabba doooo!

Here we go again.

1 day, 2 hours, 6 minutes+
  • Reply 7 of 46
    Quote:

maybe, but introducing the iPhone won't take very long this year.

Yeah, there'll be a heck of a lot of filler in the 1.5 hour Keynote, IMO. I'm just wondering what they'll talk about Mac-wise. That would relate in a little way to the huge numbers of iPhone and iPad developers.
  • Reply 8 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Yabba dabba doooo!

Here we go again.

1 day, 2 hours, 6 minutes+

Woooo Hands Up In The Air \\o/ \\o/ \\o/

This time I can stay up (keynote at 1AM my time) because the next day I can go into the office late, and usually I have to update one of the Apple reseller websites here but because it's iPhone I won't have much to do except a very simple teaser, if at all.
  • Reply 9 of 46
    25 Hours To Go
  • Reply 10 of 46
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    I'm sorry. But with all that has happened....

Product leaks (as in pictures and freakin video) of the new iphone from gizmodo, vietnam, portugal.......

AT&T screwing everyone (including Apple) by going back on their deal with the ipad pricing and ending unlimited plans (which will hurt and not help no matter how people spin it)....

Verizon saying no iphones for them.....

Android's very respectable push in the market and with froyo's features......

I just DO. NOT. SEE. how Jobs and Apple can make this year's WWDC anything more than boring and perhaps very disappointing.

I don't see it.
  • Reply 11 of 46
    Quote:

25 hours to go

• Reply 12 of 46
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:

"We are also in need of those who can and want to send us live video, audio, instant messages and high-end photographs instantly?from the keynote. Even professionals may apply."

Wow, that is probably the most pathetic thing I've read in a while. First Gizmodo pay for a missing prototype iPhone that they knew well they shouldn't have and publish trade secrets all over the web and now they have the audacity to ask to attend Apple's event because they know they generate huge traffic from it?

This is where their actions come back to bite them because they aren't going to get any coverage besides copying other people's live blogs. If anyone gets caught helping them, no doubt they'll be banned next year so I guess Gizmodo is out on a limb.
  • Reply 13 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Wow, that is probably the most pathetic thing I've read in a while. First Gizmodo pay for a missing prototype iPhone that they knew well they shouldn't have and publish trade secrets all over the web and now they have the audacity to ask to attend Apple's event because they know they generate huge traffic from it?

This is where their actions come back to bite them because they aren't going to get any coverage besides copying other people's live blogs. If anyone gets caught helping them, no doubt they'll be banned next year so I guess Gizmodo is out on a limb.

they've been banned from the conference so they are asking other people to send them footage. that's low. even for gizmodo.
  • Reply 14 of 46
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    one day
  • Reply 15 of 46
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

they've been banned from the conference so they are asking other people to send them footage. that's low. even for gizmodo.

Gizmodo is dead, long live Gizmodo.
  • Reply 16 of 46
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    14 hours and 51 mins to go ...
  • Reply 17 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

AT&T screwing everyone (including Apple) by going back on their deal with the ipad pricing and ending unlimited plans (which will hurt and not help no matter how people spin it)....

This is really terrible. The US has one of the worst broadband environments in the developed world. Unlimited can strain networks, fair enough. But 2GB caps and paying $10 extra, was it? for each additional block of bandwidth? ...Harsh.
  • Reply 18 of 46
    11 hours, 48 minutes to go
  • Reply 19 of 46
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    There is a slight chance that at&t is reacting to Apple's plans and announcements tomorrow... namely, Apple could finally move the iPhone to ALL major US carriers (like I said, this is a wild shot in the dark). Fingers crossed!
  • Reply 20 of 46
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    10 More Hours!