Outrageous judging in Pairs Figure Skating

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 71
    I think the Russians could be stripped if it's found out that they were a part of it. If they are caught cheating then they will lose the medal. Like when a runner test "+" for drugs.
  • Reply 62 of 71
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    You'd have to prove that the Russian skaters were involved. I don't see why the Russian skaters would be punished for a Russian judge's actions.

And leave it to the French to be so easily pressured, wine-swilling surrender-monkeys!

(just kidding! )
  • Reply 63 of 71
  • Reply 64 of 71
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    <a href="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2002/02/13/SP192294.DTL"; target="_blank">An alternate point of view</a>.
  • Reply 65 of 71
    gregggregg Posts: 261member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>

Nope. See Eugene above Kerrigan lover</strong><hr></blockquote>

Nope. You're both wrong.

Uh, I looked it up.

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: Gregg ]</p>
  • Reply 66 of 71
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    The whole 'controversy' is incredibly undignified. Its truly beneath a true sportman to act like this.

Ny the way the Russian's performed with soul and passion and took some chances teh cnadian's were... well...Canadian. . what can I say.
  • Reply 67 of 71
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Oooohhhh! That was low!..... just the way I like it!
  • Reply 68 of 71
    Glad someone agrees with me. Thanks pfflam.
  • Reply 69 of 71
    Seems like there's enough funny stuff going on in skating. This is just the one that broke the damn. So be it. Skating looks to be a bit of a shame and will suffer for the crappy judging. Maybe the should just cancel the rest of the events and give the medals to the already chosen winners.
  • Reply 70 of 71
    lol, finally i found something exactly the same between skating and boxing!

the scoring!
  • Reply 71 of 71
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    where did you look it up? NancyKerrigan.com or something? CNN/Sports Illustrated said one two-footed landing.